Tripath Crackles caused by a pot problem?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've just recently bought a Tripath Trends 10.1 amp. I'm really loving it but I have a problem with crackles in each channel as I change volume while music is playing. Sometimes a channel will drop out altogether. I'm about to send it back to the agent for replacement but I would like to get comments from others before I do so. Has anyone else had this problem and managed to replace the pot?

Try rotating the pot without being on a number of times. Hopefully there is jus a little oxide on the wiper.

The pots have been successfully replaced by any number of DIYers. see AudioMagus.

If the problem persist I would suggest that you get the supplier to replace the unit. It is possible that there is a cold solder joint and not the pot itself.

Thanks for your comments Dave. I have done that, but the problem remains. One of the reasons for the post is to try to establish whether others have had the problem and if so that would mean something is basically wrong with the quality of pots. What is strange is that this is happening in both channels which looks like a fundamental problem with the pot, so I would expect others to also have the problem...

Thanks for your comments 'speaker' The issue at the time I posted the question was, do I replace the pot or do I send the amp back to the supplier and get a new amp, because I had only just got it. If I had lots of responses from other guys with pot problems I would replace the pot. If I didn't I would put it down to a 'one off' which I did... and get a replacement amp. I now have the replacement and its perfect, not a problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.