Control 2 T Amps with one pot

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys, I know t amps are a bit 'yesterday' but I got a quick question...

Is there a simple way of using 2 T amps, to drive 2 channels comprised of 2 fullrange drivers per channel.

E.g. I'm planning on some speakers that use 2xfull range drivers in each side. These are each 4 ohms. As such, I was thinking of connecting 1 output from the amp to 1 driver each. Therefore 2 amps = 4 drivers.

Thats easy enough, but how can I control the volume from just one knob? Maybe modify in a 4 gang pot? Or can a 2 gang pot somehow be used?

(obviously a preamp would do this task, but i'm trying to avoid this)

Simplest method, Bypass the pots in the T-amps. Connect the inputs of left and right for each amp together on the SOURCE side of the capacitors, not the amp side. Use one conventional volume pot. Each channel to each T-amp.

Rube Goldberg method: Pull apart an old scanner or a printer. Use the toothed belt and a couple of toothed wheels to couple the original pots together. Move amps apart until belt is tight. Put handle on middle of belt, move handle.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.