Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st October 2007, 03:27 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Cad audio DK amps???

I never heard any of them. Any good?

http://www.cadaudio.dk/amplifierkits.htm
Old 1st October 2007, 05:07 AM   #2
BWRX is offline BWRX  United States
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Normally I would say you haven't searched, but threads on this topic are harder to find.

I don't have any feedback about their amps but others do about the service: Digiamps.com
Old 1st October 2007, 10:24 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Mr.Karsten Madsen is a Fraud, dont get entrapped in its web, better to stay off from Cad audio.........
Old 2nd October 2007, 02:55 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thanks guys. This is really helpful info. Yes, I searched about before my question but haven't find anything about. I tried to contact Jan from 41hz, but still no response. Any suggestion about possible kit amps?
Old 2nd October 2007, 04:08 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hi Moby,
there are some companies to chose from...As Hypex, New Class D, Coldamp to mention some European alternatives.
I have tried to contact Jan as well but got no answer, and usually I sort companies that donīt answer mail out, this may be "cruel"
but as someone wrote "if they donīt answer when you are interested in their products, they might as well not answer if you run into problems with their products." Of course mails get lost in Spam-filters and 41 Hz has a forum which may serve well. Thus my opinion is indeed superficial.

But generally in marketing and business the (potential) customer wants to feel important...

Apart from "communication" the trickiest part is to know how an amp will sound in your system; your environment. Lucky people can borrow an amp or at least get an impression of what to expect by listening in someone elseīs place. I donīt know any single person that use for instance an (Hypex) UCD based amp and even if I have read a lot about them I donīt know what to expect.

For some reason I have come to consider the German company
HifiAkademi , many people seem quite satisfied with it and the owner Hubert Reith seems to have a good reputation. This alternative may be restricted to customers who read German though. I do with some difficulties, but the German language is not as hard to master as English.

In case you can read it;

http://www.audiomap.de/forum/index.p...mesg_id/18102/

http://www.hifiakademie.de/

(I have no connection what so ever to this company).
Old 2nd October 2007, 09:33 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Moby
Thanks guys. This is really helpful info. Yes, I searched about before my question but haven't find anything about. I tried to contact Jan from 41hz, but still no response. Any suggestion about possible kit amps?
Ask the questions in forum at www.41hz.com instead.

I've never heard any complaints about 41hz service, except that since it's a one man business he can't be expected to be around all the time.
Old 2nd October 2007, 12:07 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Thanks guys
Old 2nd October 2007, 12:46 PM   #8
Pierre is offline Pierre  France
Banned

You may also want to consider coldamp (www.coldamp.com)

They provide an absolutely excellent service, that was my experience and there have been some other posts in this forum remarking this point.

Sergio is member of this forum, as well, and seems to be very accesible and helpful.

My two cents...
Old 2nd October 2007, 01:07 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Saturnus

Ask the questions in forum at www.41hz.com instead.

I've never heard any complaints about 41hz service, except that since it's a one man business he can't be expected to be around all the time.
How about Jan laying an information about this (not answering personal mails) on his site?
BTW I have contacted Anthony H. at Aussieamplifiers by mail a few times and always got an answer. Iīm not complaining about 41 Hz, only put a note on how I react. I do know the company to be a one person business and the information issue has been on this site before, at that time one member or some members complained and others defended Jan.
To be clear about the information issue or policy can prevent misunderstandings IMHO. Perhaps a note "I can not guarantee that I have the time to answer e-mails" in the close context to the mail function?
Old 2nd October 2007, 04:53 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Thanks, for suggestion. Coldamp is a bit out of my budget, also I was thinking about kit version because I can play a little with components quality.
Jes, that mail ignoring from Jan is really weired.

Hide this!Advertise here!