Hypex UCD400HG Comments

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Last week I finally completed a five channel amp build using the new Hypex UCD400HG modules. Prior to these, I had the same amp built up with early model UCD400's without any modifications. After a week of listening to the new modules I felt I should post some comments since I have not seen much feedback yet on the UCD400HG's.

Compared to my old modules, the HG's provide a night and day improvement. Soundstage width and depth are amazing, bass has significantly improved, high's were excellent on my older 400's, but with the HG's they seem even more natural.

Overall, I find the sound to be more engaging and lifelike. I would be curious to hear others opinions on the new modules that also had older 400's that were not heavily modified to see if they share a similar experience.

Nik

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.