New 3rd Generation ICEpower modules....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ICEpower ASX 2 audiophile ver. 250/630 watt 8 ohm - This is 3rd gen. just released!

I can provide the ICEpower ASX2 250/630 watt 8 ohm audiophile modules you want.

Attachments

• icepower 250.jpg
    icepower 250.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 654
Uhmm... This seems expensive. So they think that they can push the prices up after having stabilished in the class D market... Not very clever, there are more companies doing good class D and waiting for a chance to stabilish too... :D Then again, money moves the world ;)

I'm sure that price includes a very healthy profit over parts cost, but the price for a pair of these modules doesn't seem too outrageously high. Considering that these modules also include the integrated switching power supplies (AC wall power in to audio power out). Not much more needed than a case and some connectors to make a complete pair of mono amps.

I got a couple of the 200ASC modules a while back for a few hundred $$ and was surprised to see how little hardware is really on them -- they look like maybe about $25 worth of parts (alas, some custom), about as much as you'd see in an ATX computer modular power supply box. But considering what an equivalent power class AB amp would cost, with transformer, filter caps, heatsink, lots of assembly time, etc., it's hard to complain about the overall cost and result. They're pretty nice amps, particularly for someone who doesn't want to get too deeply into a circuit development.

That being said, though, I do like the Hypex UcD amp modules and SMPS better than the ICEpower ones. They seem a more elegant design electrically and mechanically, and the company isn't so blasted secretive and hard to deal with!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.