cheap usb oscilloscope for measuring amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I have not seen a "cheap" USB o'scope that will have the bandwidth you need for the Class-D amps.

I have used the PicoScope with good results (spectrum analysis is cool). There are some other similar devices out there, but none are cheap. Much cheaper than a good digital scope, though!

Hi, Ouroboros

The fact that it's only 12-bit limits the usefulness as a spectrum analyser though.

What is the connection between #of bits with the quality of spectrum analysis function?

For example, PicoScope 216 has 16bit. BitScope has many functions, but it seems using 8bit.
Does this mean the spectrum analyzer function of PicoScope is better than BitScope?

Have a look at the oscilloscope display.
That example of a 1050Hz signal is so full of sampling artefacts that one cannot assess the signal quality.

I don't think the 200ks/s sampling rate and the 10bit ADC are good enough for audio signals if this is typical of the output.

Waste your money on something else.

Re: hobby usb

umut1001 said:
Mhz amp is very good idea..second hand can be cheap in china but not cheap in Turkey..i think about hobby usb. http://www.hobbylab.us/USBOscilloscope/Home.htm

is there anyone using this?what do you think about it..also shipping is free to everywhere..

no
forget about it
is not ok for anything :)
perhaps just for a newB to have fun

take a look at this pic, must at lease 100M scope. better is 300M

Attachments

• 3.5mhz sq-mini.jpg
    3.5mhz sq-mini.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 685
Re: hi about mhz amp

umut1001 said:
i really want to have a MHz amp..which mosfet can be used for this?it must be very fast and have lowest Qg and input capacitance parameters.do you have schematics?.if u have please e mail [email]umut1001@yahoo.com ..i think i will buy an owon lcd oscilloscpoe..but i must make money first:)
good luck:)

u can buy it from my Spain Agent ,
no schematics, sorry for that.

fumac

...I would say 100Ms is the 'should value'... better more..

I am using this one http://www.conrad.de/Elektronik-Messtechnik/oszilloskop_vorsatz_dso.sap (forget the pic, it is showing the slower version DSO220).
THE DSO2100 is specified as 100Ms, but 100Ms is only available with alternating trigger and in this mode this scope is making some ten ns error between both chanels.... so for 100Ms you can only use one chanel.
Up to 50Ms it is working pretty fine. Bandwidth of the input stages is 30MHz. In fact this is really the minimum speed, which you need for class D.
Have a look to the screen shots in my threads. They are done with the DSO2100. Up to now this seems to be good value for the money. It has 2x11k memory, even if the spec says 32k. 32k are for both chanels together plus settings. You can use the data output also for Excel, but not with the integrated Excelfunction (instable), better open Excel and import the scope file.

(If you spend 800 EUR you can get 200Ms and 512k memory.)

Active pharmatceutical ingredient: Acetylsalicylic acid.
In US supermarkets you can get them for a very competitive price in 200pcs packs.
Unfortunately I cannot make big benefit from that, because my average consumption is about one 500mg-pill per 3 years.
My biosystem seems to show more positive effects on chocolate & Diet Coke ;) ...drugs...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.