So, I bought the SMPS from BG Micro

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Well that's bad news! Hope there was no damage.

I've bought a lot of power supplies from BG-Micro and never had a problem. Have even bought the Hi-Pro brand with no troubles.

Are you able to check voltage and polarity?

If they don't work, you should certainly send them back. Sorry to have misguided you. :xeye:

preiter said:
I bought 3 of these: http://www.bgmicro.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=12293

I plugged them into one of my TA-10s. Immediately a high pitched whine came out.

I tried all 3 of them on two different TA-10s. Same result.

Be warned, YMMV.

I also bought the same for use with my sonic impact. Couldn't use it since it does not come with the AC cord (no cord from wall socket to the DC!!). I will have to unhook my computer connection and see if it fits. Hope it works with my t-amp.

gychang

Re: Re: So, I bought the SMPS from BG Micro

gychang said:

anyone else have the problem with TA-10?

thanks,

gychang

I tried the SMPS from BG Micro. Had the same problem. High pitched sound. You can here the music mostly, but the whine comes through very obviously on quieter sections.

I tried different AC outlets, moving the brick around while listening, and unplugging the stock TA-10 power supply. Nothing affected it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.