T-amp for Center Channel?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just got my first SI T-amp and so far am blown away by its performance.

I have only played it about 10 hours, so it is not burned in yet, but already it sounds fantastic on my Klipsch Reference Towers, RF-3II's.

I haven't tried it yet for movies, but tonight I'm going to hook it up as an amp to my current receiver for use full time. I was wondering if it would be possible to do the same with another T-amp run to my center channel. Obviously I'd only be using one channel, but since the amps are so cheap, should be worth it right? Especially considering that the center channel is so crucial for movie watching?

Has anyone else tried this? Also, how would i hook it up? just run the center pre-out to one jack of a rca stereo adapter, then hook up to the appropriate speaker out?

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks in advance, sorry if my questions are pretty basic.

zacster said:
Yes, just use the one channel and you'll be fine. However, it may be possible to bridge the 2 channels for more power. Does anyone know if these things are bridgeable? In parallel?

I didn't do a search, but I'm sure the answer is already out there.

they are already bridged, so no, they cannot be bridged.

You can use just one channel, but if you have two small bookshelf speakers, run two of them. Is there a rule saying you have to use one speaker (besides timber matching of course) instead of two for a center channel. I've done this in a friends 5.1 set-up and we both liked the results. Its a matter of tastes, not rules.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.