Fenice 20 - TA2024 - Improvements Advices! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd August 2007, 01:57 PM   #1
ZgSTar is offline ZgSTar  Italy
diyAudio Member

Question Fenice 20 - TA2024 - Improvements Advices!

Hello Everybody,

first of all let me all thank you for the very great forum you manage to keep together. I am very new to DIY audio and I am approaching my first project so I've found your forum to be UNVALUABLE !

The project I want to build is based on two Fenice 20 development boards for the TA2024 (T-Amp chipset), I want to put them both in a case together for a bi-amplified set.
I am looking around for modifications of these boards, i'd like to change the capacitors and inductors to a better choice in order to get the best out of it.

Can you guys point me out to what could I do in this specific respect?
I mean what to change and with what...

I also know I need a good power supply unit and I am thinking of going to a toroidal hifi specific, is that the right choice? and how many VA should it be to correctly power those two little things? (i have not clear the difference between VA and A and how they do convert one to each other but I guess Google could be my friend here).

Last but not least a little advices on the boxes,
a builder offered me a clone of the PROAC 2.5 mounted with Ciare components to get to 96db of sensibility and also mounted with an DIY crossover filter so that I can use the bi-ampling setup.
In the pictures he sent me it looks very well finished and solid. (pictures are too big to fit here, and i am too lazy to downsize them) The price he asked me is 450Euros which doesn't sound bad. what is your opinion ?

Well, I think is more than enough as a first post.
Thank you all for reading this post and keep up with the good work!

ZgSTar
Old 4th August 2007, 05:46 AM   #2
Pano is online now Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

I''ve modified a large number of the Fenice20 board. It's easy to do. Will see if I can dig up some photos for you.

You need a DC power supply of about 12V 3A to run your board. Can be battery, switch mode, linear -even solar!

Hide this!Advertise here!