WIll an X-PSU v1 power an SI T-amp &/or TC754 pre-amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
WIll an X-PSU v1 power an SI T-amp &/or TC754 pre-amp?

I hear that a power supply with 13.8 volts and at least 3 amperes will suffice, but i know absolutely nothing about ac power, voltage, etc.

The specs for the X-PSU(version 1, the cylinder cannister) are:

12V AC 20VA

The X-Pre that it powers is 12 V 500mA

I noticed on the review about the two units it says:

The correct polarity is clearly indicated: central pole = positive (as in the T-Amp). DO NOT use power supplies which exceed 13.8 volts. Electronic components inside the T-Preamp should survive up to 15 volts. Feel free to use high capacity power supplies (even bigger than 5 amperes, if you are using 1 T-Preamp and 2 T-Amp in biamping mode, for example).

thanks for any help. Trying to get into DIY stuff, if my brain allows it.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
It would be about the same. As for how it sounds, I don't know.

Last year I bought a bunch of surplus 12V 3A switchers made by DVE. They are the best sounding line lump supplies I've heard. Too bad they are all gone. Be on the lookout for more!

In listening tests with T-Amps you can easily hear differences in power supplies. Even my wife, who doesn't care, easily hears it and usually picks the same ones I like.

running pre to super T-amp

Can the input of the Super-T, or any single input T-amp for that matter, be used to receive the signal from a traditional pre-amp, such as my Quicksilver line stage? I assume that a pre-amp will add more of a db gain than a CD or DVD player.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.