The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine

R2 and R4 change to 22Kohm (usually standard)
R5 and R6 change to 100Kohm (should come with the kit but if not just order them separately)
C14 and C15 change to WIMA MKS02 1µF (like this: WIMA MKS02 1uF, 50V :: MKS02 (2.5mm) :: WIMA :: Film Foil :: Capacitors :: Passive Components :: Electronic Parts :: Banzai Music GmbH)

Can't help you on the 41hz.com forum btw. Lost my password and forum refuses to issue me another one. So essentially locked out (although I could create another account under a different e-mail if I thought it was worth my time).

You are so helpfull... Thanks a lot.

- R2 and R4 = this mod is for the ionput sensivity?
- R5 and R6 = this mod is for the cut of frequency around 60 Hz?
- C14 and C15 = this mod is for the DC filtering?

It is just to know what i am doing, but i will follow your instructions !

Thanks, i ahve now order the last electronic part for my project . I am happy with that !

Manu

Real quick question here, as I can't locate where to find this. What is being used to seal the woofers and tweeters to the cabinet? I know to avoid silicon and to use acrylic seal to fill in the gaps in the tweeters. Should I use this as well in between the woofer/grill and cabinet? I'm assuming I'll also plug the wiring hole with something. Thanks!

Why somme people made a hole in the center brace for the woofers? I mean the "central" hole.

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j338/MarcusNordlander/boominator/2011-02-22154013.jpg?782

I received my woofers and made a "measurement try" yesterday according to the sketchup of the standard boominator.
There is no need of making a hole here, it is just perfect fitted to have the boomer directly touching the centerbrace without any hole no? Am i wrong? With the plan and my measurement, it will left 1 or 2 mm, which is good because there are the grill and joint.

Is there something i mess?

If not, i can directly stick the boomers to the centerbrace? Or no need of sticking it?

Thank you for your lights!!

Manu

Last edited:
Thanks, order!

It is very difficult to get the good plywood!! I can get some okoume in 12 mm, but birch is very difficult to find. Number of ply should be 7 minimum no?
It is the last important thing i did not get...

I will post some photo of the tweeter improvment. I just filled the gap around the tweeter but put nothing on the back, you will tell me if i should do more.

Thanks Saturnus to be so helpfull, it impossible to get some answer from 41Hz... But no problem, i got the essential thing from them : the amplifier ;)