The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine

Maybe it's a silly question, but what are the 2 small round holes for in the battery/amp compartment in the middle? Does it also function a little as a bass port, to occur vibrations? Some people make the holes, alot of people don't... If you don't put the AMP-6 in a case dust and moisture can also come through them...

Hmm yeah, it probably is just for air flow, but I don't understand the fact that it would be mud-resistant, while there can go moisture and dust through those holes... :p

There's not really anything inside the electronic compartment that is sensitive to dust or moisture if you build it as intended.

In fact, the original intension is that the connection dish at the top has drain holes in it so it just drains inside the electronics compartment and out where the batteries are mounted.

So I'm finally about to put my Qubinator together. Could anyone give me a quick answer as to how I know the silicone is solvent free? I have a bunch of different tubes of sealing lying around but I can't find anything on them that literally tells me they're solvent free. So what to look for?

So I'm finally about to put my Qubinator together. Could anyone give me a quick answer as to how I know the silicone is solvent free? I have a bunch of different tubes of sealing lying around but I can't find anything on them that literally tells me they're solvent free. So what to look for?

In the UK it says "neutral cure" rather than "solvent free"....... maybe that helps?

*BJ*