The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine

Hi again, everybody!!! I'm so sad no-one gave me some answers this time.
BTW: I ordered both a 2024 and a 4x100W amplifier board based on TK2025!

By now, i've got solar panels for about 40W, but I'm planning to build up a new array supplying about 2/300W at 30V, in order to feed the TK2050 the right way and build a monster :cool:
Ideally i would use 2 channles for woofers and 2 channels for tweeters, so NOW I need high sensitive, bi-wired speaker. I'm not afraid of build them by myself. BUT NEED SOME SUGGESTION ABOUT GOOD high DB/W SPEAKER AT NICE PRICE that suits my amp section!

Hey there

I've ordered the HP10W, some batteries and an Amplifier
now i need some piezos and maybe a solar panel (haven't decided on this one yet)

does anyone have a good link to where i can get a decent CTR KSN1001A replica (the originals are not being made anymore right?)
aswell as 1x10-15w or 2x5-7w solarpanel(s)

would prefer if it was a european retailer

thanks in advance.

I found the mpt-001 on plus-elektronik.de and ordered those plus the hp10w. For some reason the site is in German only, also they seem to have some problems with their PayPal account, it took several days for them to 'see' my payment to it, which is weird because I have transfered money via PayPal that has arrived in a minute or less to other ppal... Their packing is not the best either, the hp10w was in their original boxes so they were safe, but the tweeters were just in plastic bags amongst the packing fluff inside the large box that everything came in, and one of them was damaged, probably from being crunched. They could really have put them inside a box of their own.
But they were the only place I could find the hp10w's so...

I tested to connect everything before yesterday before I started working with the wood for my halfinator. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work, and I fear it's because of the amp6-basic that i ordered assembled.

This is how I connect everything (blyack=lead acid battery):
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I also tested the amp6-basic with a 12V DC with right polarity (center=+), but I don't get any sound of it that way either.

What might be the problem?

Thanks

Did you do this connect the sleep/mute jumpers? :) - it does not seem like it from your pictures:

J2 on PCB rev. 1.1 + 1.2
it has 4 pins (sticking up from board), a line around each two pins (a pair)
----1st pair-------
the two pins closest to the TA2020 (the BIG chip) refer to Sleep, an input
when pins are connected (jumper on/placed), AMP is 'Awake', active/working (very low-power mode)
-----2nd pair------
the two pins closest to the J1 (output-connections, for the speakers) refer to Mute, an input
when pins are connected (jumper on/placed), AMP is UN-muted = active/working (unless still 'sleeping')
It is NOT recommended to place/remove jumpers when the amp is powered: use a switch (or two). Switching Mute and Sleep/Awake is not useful; just leave on Awake and switch Mute.

What Batteries???

Hi guys, I'm still way back at the start of this thread but getting though it slowly! I ended up here after deciding to build my self a portable "boombox" to sit on the tractor while i pick fruit into the bins on the trailers behind it...

Heres what i will do, I will either use some 6.5 inch 2 way/components or 6x9s(4ohm car audio gear). Sensitivity will be i supose between 90 and 93 according to manufacturer specs anyway!

Will use an lepai ta2020 amp.(will get moded ect)

I need it to give good performance(close to max output) over a ten hour minimum period and tehn ill take it home for the night and charge it for the next day agaiin.

Will use lifepo4 batteries(as this thing will need to be light enough light enough to sling over your shoulder and walk 15 minutes with it also).

So the big question is how many AH's of battery will i need to achieve this with these speakers and amp.

At first i was thinking along the lines of 10ah but ive read things that indicate perhaps that over kill for my goals??

Thanks in advance.

I was out measuring on my 14 W solar panel I bought from kerychip.dk last year but never got to use. I measured with a really shitty multimeter, but still numbers turned up on the screen. Sadly the multimeter can only measure up to 200 mA, so it's only useful for voltages.

Today was really sunny at around noon when I measured.

1. Measured in complete shade outside behind a building - Voltage was around 12 V.
2. Measured in full sunlight - Voltage was around 21 V.
3. Measure with panel being in only a little bit of sunlight (around 10 squarecentimetres) - 17 V
4. Took the panel inside in the basement and measure - 0.66 V.

All the time I was outside the multimeter couldn't show the current - need a better multimeter for that. It's over 200 mA anyways. Website says 0.87 A. :p

Saturnus, you said something about a diode should be included in a standard retail solar panel. Do you think that's what the 0.6 V on the fourth measurement is? I believe that standard diodes start working in the region 0.6-0.7 V.

If yes, then I should probably not worry about an external diode, right?