The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine

We have encountered yet another problem in our quest for a decent boombox.

HP10W are sold out in all the shops we have been able to located. Are there a alternative (same pricelevel or cheaper) that are almost just as good?

I'm looking for some aswell. I just mailed a french website (Haut-parleur P.audio HP-10W) but they mailed me back, saying they were out of stock, and their supplier is aswell

The only alternative to the HP10w is the Goldwood GW1058..

It's also quite a bit cheaper than the HP10W, however, it's unfortunately to my knowledge only available in the US (where the HP10W isn't available) so shipping will be quite a bit more. And you'll probably not get around having to pay customs either.

I should note that it is not as good as the HP10W but it is an alternative for people where the HP10W is not available, or it's simply out of stock as it is now.

Last edited:
I ordered from the french reseller Tout Le Haut Parleur also, since Ljudia.se contacted me and told me that they only had 2 of the 4 HP-10W I ordered at them. Looks like I'm gonna have to build half a boominator - sadly. Although I haven't received any confirmation about the french reseller that they're out of stock. When did you get the message, Nielslutken?

I ordered from the french reseller Tout Le Haut Parleur also, since Ljudia.se contacted me and told me that they only had 2 of the 4 HP-10W I ordered at them. Looks like I'm gonna have to build half a boominator - sadly. Although I haven't received any confirmation about the french reseller that they're out of stock. When did you get the message, Nielslutken?
I messaged them friday (3 days ago), and got the mail from them today

I messaged them friday (3 days ago), and got the mail from them today

I ordered friday, so I don't know whether or not my order can possibly be shipped. I wrote them a mail today as well. Hoping to hear from them soon.

Anyway I'll just build half a boominator. Half output (will still sound loud), half energy consumption, weight reduction, less solar power need. Win/lose situation really :)

And also... it is cheaper :)

Saturnus: Maybe you should contact P.Audio to make sure they prepare well for the next season because of the hype you hade created=)

And another thing, I´m looking for a comfortable way to transport and move the boominator around and wonder if anyone has build or bought some nifty solution. Today i have a simple "ölkärra" (sorry i just cant find the right word in english!) what i do is I fasten it with two straps and roll it with me. The problem is A, it easily starts to wobble, B, you cant walk with it in an ergonomic way, C, you need straps.
Maybe you could modify a Golfbag-cart in some way?? or some other solution more like a wagon with a handle. An important thing is for it to be small and light.

Saturnus: Maybe you should contact P.Audio to make sure they prepare well for the next season because of the hype you hade created=)

And another thing, I´m looking for a comfortable way to transport and move the boominator around and wonder if anyone has build or bought some nifty solution. Today i have a simple "ölkärra" (sorry i just cant find the right word in english!) what i do is I fasten it with two straps and roll it with me. The problem is A, it easily starts to wobble, B, you cant walk with it in an ergonomic way, C, you need straps.
Maybe you could modify a Golfbag-cart in some way?? or some other solution more like a wagon with a handle. An important thing is for it to be small and light.

I had somewhat the same solution as you last year at Roskilde Festival. I used this specific trolley from Harald Nyborg. I actually thought that was a great solution because it was light, had easy handling and when you wanted to stop at some point, you would just lay the trolley down on the ground. Of course I used some straps to keep the stereo fastened to the trolley.

It's also great for transporting beer into the festival site. Just be careful - the trolley's one wheel broke on me last year when transporting more than 9 cases of beer on it (also due to bumpy ground).

Anyway... this is definately a cheap solution. Well at least it worked for me as a multipurpose tool.