The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine - Page 62 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th June 2010, 09:18 AM   #611
ThokN is offline ThokN  Denmark
diyAudio Member

100 hours is perhaps more than we will use it on the festival, so would it be an idea to leave out the resistors (or use smaller ones) at the festival, and after the 100 hours burn in, we could install the metal film resistors?
Old 11th June 2010, 02:11 PM   #612
euforia is offline euforia  Sweden
diyAudio Member

I think im going to leave my setup playing some pink or white noise for those hours im not at home. What is to prefer? White och pink noise? And do the speakers get effectively burned in even if i play at a "happy neighbour volume"=) or would this result in a much longer time to get the speakers to open/losen up?
Old 11th June 2010, 03:02 PM   #613
Eres is offline Eres  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnus View Post
If you are switching to those inferior piezos I'll be most happy to take the HP100s of your hands as they're no longer in production, and no longer in stock with any European reseller.
Correct me if I am wrong, but is the Zomax piezo HP100s not available on this site? "hb-elektronik.dk"
Old 11th June 2010, 04:50 PM   #614
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eres View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but is the Zomax piezo HP100s not available on this site? "hb-elektronik.dk"
No, they have sold out now. I bought the last 2. And they'll not get more.

Last edited by Saturnus; 11th June 2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11th June 2010, 04:52 PM   #615
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThokN View Post
100 hours is perhaps more than we will use it on the festival, so would it be an idea to leave out the resistors (or use smaller ones) at the festival, and after the 100 hours burn in, we could install the metal film resistors?
Just play pink noise on it for a while. Even after 24 hours you'll notice a serious difference.
Old 11th June 2010, 04:54 PM   #616
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by euforia View Post
I think im going to leave my setup playing some pink or white noise for those hours im not at home. What is to prefer? White och pink noise? And do the speakers get effectively burned in even if i play at a "happy neighbour volume"=) or would this result in a much longer time to get the speakers to open/losen up?
Low volume pink noise has always worked for me.
Old 11th June 2010, 07:39 PM   #617
r0b is offline r0b  Germany
diyAudio Member

Wouldn't white noise be more efficient, since it has more intensity in the high frequencies?

(Yeah, I just checked wikipedia )
Old 11th June 2010, 09:08 PM   #618
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member

Excellent thread that can be applied to a portable PA system. So loud/high volume, long running time and weight are my main considerations, and the choice of components here seems the best to meet the requirements. I will also add a small mic amplifier to the setup.
Are there special considerations if I use only the 10" woofer recommended in the beginning without the tweeter?. Also are the initial recommendations still valid after 3 years (10 inch P.Audio/Goldwood driver, LeadAcid batteries, solar cells, T-amps)
Old 12th June 2010, 03:10 AM   #619
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member

Some quick looking shows that the wild burro 8" driver to be more efficient than the goldwood 10", plus it is a full range. (efficiency as calculated from Qes, Vas and Fs)
Old 12th June 2010, 10:55 AM   #620
Shik is offline Shik  Denmark
diyAudio Member

How can I play pink noise? Where do I get it?

Hide this!Advertise here!