The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine - Page 426 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th September 2013, 12:37 AM   #4251
pkozul is offline pkozul  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Qubinator completed

Hi again,

We managed to finish one of the Qubinators. All photos of the build are here:

Qubinator - a set on Flickr

We used a textured spray paint (granite) which turned out pretty good. This first Qubinator is for my friend, who will be spray painting some patterns over the top using a dark colour.

Now I need to focus on mine (the one spray painted using a black texture). Need to solder bits and pieces together and mount them in the box.

We fired up the completed Qubinator in the backyard. Went pretty loud, and we didn't want to max out the volume due to the neighbours.

Since these Qubinators are using the TA2024 Bluetooth amps (by Helder hifi), we ended up soldering the appropriate pins together beneath the 3.5mm stereo input connector (thanks to the suggestions on the other thread), to allow Bluetooth to work regardless of whether am audio cable is plugged in or not.

Look forward to completing mine, and then finally being able to enjoy it just as Spring time is kicking in here...

Cheers,
Pete
Old 18th September 2013, 08:33 PM   #4252
Keithus is offline Keithus  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Hi guys

I'm planning my boomanitor at the moment.
And I would really like to install a radio in mine.
As well as a Bluetooth reciver.
What do people think of this and any suggestions.
Here is something I've been looking at
Digital Bluetooth Audio Receiver Board With Fm Mp3 - Buy Digital Bluetooth Audio Receiver Board,Digital Bluetooth Audio Receiver Board,Digital Bluetooth Audio Receiver Board Product on Alibaba.com
Old 20th September 2013, 03:22 PM   #4254
nusma is offline nusma  France
diyAudio Member

Hi everybody,
Thanks to Saturnus, i am waiting for 4 HP10W from bluearan !!

And also 4*KSN1005A !! Everything should be there next week, and i am waiting for some information from 41Hz.com.

@Mikalo, i plan to build the same Boominator (the standard one). There is no crossover except the 150ohm resistors for the tweeters? No filtering for the HP10W?
My configuration will be HP10W and KSN1005, i did not find the crossover for this configuration (sorry, i think it is in the thread but i can't find it... )

Thank you for you answer!!

Manu
Old 23rd September 2013, 03:08 PM   #4255
diyAudio Member

Is there a difference between these speakers:

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 23rd September 2013, 08:16 PM   #4256
diyAudio Member

No. I think you'll find the intertechnik picture is quite old (at least 6-7 years out of date) and not of the HP10W as it looks today.
Old 24th September 2013, 04:35 AM   #4257
mikalo is offline mikalo  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I would also like to use the boominator for Djing. Does anyone know if there will be a problem in reducing two 1/4" ts (mono) plugs down to a 3.5mm trs plug? If not, why cant I find the adapter online? (2x 1/4" ts female to 3.5mm trs male)
Found it Hosa YMP-137 Stereo Breakout 3.5 mm TRS -2x 1/4 in TSF on eBay!
Old 24th September 2013, 07:34 AM   #4258
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusma View Post
There is no crossover except the 150ohm resistors for the tweeters? No filtering for the HP10W?

My configuration will be HP10W and KSN1005, i did not find the crossover for this configuration (sorry, i think it is in the thread but i can't find it... )
Correct. No crossover needed. However, the series resistor should be 47ohm with a ksn1005 or replica.
Old 24th September 2013, 08:28 AM   #4259
diyAudio Member

Well ... I have to say everything is in hand my know!
Thanks a lot for your time and explanation Saturnus.

Manu
Old 24th September 2013, 12:55 PM   #4260
diyAudio Member

Another question about the amp6 basic (not assembled)
I tried to join the support from 41Hz, but no reply since to weeks. I would like to order this amp for sure, but it is said that some little mods have to be done to plug low output device like an iphone.

Some of you should have done this mods, could you explain me which components i should replace? I can order the amp and buy on my own the good components.

I have read that we can change also the input caps to get a better DC filtering. Which one should i change (--> where it is? ) ) by which value?

Thanks for your help,

Manu

Hide this!Advertise here!