The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine - Page 411 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th June 2013, 12:17 PM   #4101
kblnig is offline kblnig  Denmark
diyAudio Member

The only eq i have in hand is the one from my Iphone. (i know it is lousy). That actually seems to "solve" the problem. What i am a bit worried/confused about is that i don't recall that i have encountered this problem before. I remember that the box could easilly play so loud that i could not hear what people would say 1meter away from me, thats certainly not the case now. I would think that the hp10w would easily manage whatever comming out from a ta2020 amp?
Old 27th June 2013, 12:45 PM   #4102
diyAudio Member

Take it to the meet-up. I'll have a look. Doubt there's much I can do or suggest you haven't tried though.
Old 27th June 2013, 04:14 PM   #4103
kblnig is offline kblnig  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Sure thing - See you there!
Old 27th June 2013, 09:48 PM   #4104
diyAudio Member

I tried to download the "manual" from canopy, but it didn't work. Is it good? Boominator Håndbog - Canopy Sound

Also the "boominator pakke" from there, is that basically all I need except wood, solar panel stuff and batteries? From what i've read in the thread, i guess Saturnus has something to do with it?
Old 27th June 2013, 10:42 PM   #4105
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserTorsk View Post
From what i've read in the thread, i guess Saturnus has something to do with it?
I have nothing to do with it. Please ask the shop.
Old 27th June 2013, 10:54 PM   #4106
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnus View Post
I have nothing to do with it. Please ask the shop.
allright, thanks m8. I saw you wrote something about them asking you for advice on what to stock or something, so I just assumed, sorry.
Old 28th June 2013, 06:03 PM   #4107
7moore7 is offline 7moore7  United States
diyAudio Member

I really need to read through this thread again, but if anyone feels like helping, I have a couple of questions.

After looking at how I'm going to use this, it will be much better for me to build a Halfinator. (so I already have a couple of extra ten inchers!)

1) With the GW-1058's, from what I recall tell they are slightly shorter than the HP10W's. Is there any reason I couldn't change the dimensions so that I don't have to stack extra material between the speaker and the brace? Like make it a little narrower but a little wider or taller and keep the same internal volume?

2) The speakers are still wired in stereo on halfinator, right? Or will I need to convert (sorry for layman's terms) the sound to mono?

On another note I finished the Amp6 Basic last night, so we'll see how well I did after I get a chance to test it!
Old 28th June 2013, 06:16 PM   #4108
a3aan92 is offline a3aan92  Belgium
diyAudio Member

From what I've read here, it makes no sence to go mono in a halfinator (I am planning on making one too), since it will give you approximately the same power in mono as in stereo. Besides, the TA2020 is more efficient at 8 ohm than at 4 ohm, so there is no reason to go mono. ;-) I guess it doesn't bother that much when a song plays a tune only on one side for a few seconds...
Old 28th June 2013, 07:24 PM   #4109
7moore7 is offline 7moore7  United States
diyAudio Member

No I likely won't notice at all, I just want to do it properly . I just didn't know if the speakers affected each other in the magnet to magnet configuration. But I think I'm misinterpreting what is going on anyway. Thanks for confirming!
Old 28th June 2013, 07:54 PM   #4110
a3aan92 is offline a3aan92  Belgium
diyAudio Member

The magnet to magnet configuration would make the set-up a little more efficient. (1 or 2 SPL 1w/1m in the Boominator?) Btw, in the original Boominator the magnets were directly glued to eachother, but since that was more complex to build it has changed to simply gluing the woofers magnet to magnet with the wood between them, so you only need 1 wooden plate in the middle without the 2 extra plates for strength.

Hide this!Advertise here!