The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine - Page 405 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th June 2013, 09:50 PM   #4041
diyAudio Member

Hey guys!
I ordered two Amp6Basics, and they arrived today! It truly is a tiny little thing...
Anyways, I soldered everything, but it doesn't work. There's no status LED, so I can't tell if it even powers up! It's a rev 1.2, which the guide on 41hz.com isn't really focused on.. All the pictures are from 1.00, which makes it quite hard to see if you've done everything right. Can anyone take a picture of the top and buttom of their amp6B and share it here? I'd really love that, or if you've got any idea why it's not working.. Good evening to you all!
Old 14th June 2013, 10:30 PM   #4042
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobinicer View Post
Hey guys!
I ordered two Amp6Basics, and they arrived today! It truly is a tiny little thing...
Anyways, I soldered everything, but it doesn't work. There's no status LED, so I can't tell if it even powers up! It's a rev 1.2, which the guide on 41hz.com isn't really focused on.. All the pictures are from 1.00, which makes it quite hard to see if you've done everything right. Can anyone take a picture of the top and buttom of their amp6B and share it here? I'd really love that, or if you've got any idea why it's not working.. Good evening to you all!
It's a lot easier if you upload some pictures of yours. Then there will probably be someone, who can tell you where the problem is.
Old 15th June 2013, 11:47 AM   #4043
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campino Morten View Post
It's a lot easier if you upload some pictures of yours. Then there will probably be someone, who can tell you where the problem is.

Didn't think of that!
Flickr: Rasmus L Møller's Photostream
I had to make a Flickr account, but here is a buttom and top view, I've got a few parts in spare, and I've got no idea where to put them! I'll take a picture of them too...

Some of the resistors might be mounted on the bottom in stead of the top, and on top instead of bottom...
Old 15th June 2013, 12:05 PM   #4044
diyAudio Member

The last parts aren't needed.

But I know why it's not working. You have not put in the jumpers to turn it on.

Before you do that though. You might wanna run over some of the badder looking solders again, and clean up the board.
Old 15th June 2013, 12:07 PM   #4045
diyAudio Member

Thanks a lot!
Now I know what I've got to do for the rest of the day
Old 15th June 2013, 01:23 PM   #4046
diyAudio Member

So! I made it work, it has output, but it's not loud... At all.. It sounds like It's only the Piezos playing, which is weird. Does it need to burn in or something? Did I do something wrong? I've already tried to hook up the speakers to a lepai 2020a+, which works, and it's loud, very loud, so it's not the speakers nor the wiring!

I made it work by resoldering some of the badder solders, and then using the jumpers as you told me to.
Old 15th June 2013, 01:32 PM   #4047
diyAudio Member

And I humbly thank you for that help, it might be step one, but it is my first time soldering anything other than speakers and basic wiring... You've got to learn somehow right?

But that doesn't help my problem with it being extremely low on volume!

PS, the reason I ordered two, is so that I could **** up on on of them, and to have spare parts, I never expected that I'd actually complete one of these, I just wanted to have a go!
Old 15th June 2013, 04:06 PM   #4048
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummiejon View Post
Thanks saturnus...... Glad to be able to report..... AMP6 works perfectly first time..... Woo......
It's not exactly easy, but doable, took me about 5 hours....

BJ
Damn, spoke too soon AMP6 worked perfectly yesterday, today, nothing, no sound, no hiss.... no sign of anything burnt out, fuse ok, jumpers ok, need to clean up the flux off the board a little but can't see anything else..... Will post photo once I get a decent camera.....
BJ
Old 15th June 2013, 04:20 PM   #4049
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummiejon View Post
Damn, spoke too soon AMP6 worked perfectly yesterday, today, nothing, no sound, no hiss.... no sign of anything burnt out, fuse ok, jumpers ok, need to clean up the flux off the board a little but can't see anything else..... Will post photo once I get a decent camera.....
BJ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (623.1 KB, 232 views)
Old 15th June 2013, 04:27 PM   #4050
diyAudio Member

Top of my poorly amp6
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (680.1 KB, 219 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!