Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th April 2013, 02:26 PM   #3781
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by floxer View Post
Saturnus can you explain why i can't use HP10IT for boominator ?
Why? Check the datasheet instead. Intertechnik apparently has no clue about what they're selling.

What you link to is NOT a HP10T even if intertechnik calls it that, it's a HP10W.

Here the datasheet for both HP10W and HP10T. If Intertechnik can't see the difference, they are blind. http://www.ljudia.se/Archive/Product...nformation.pdf
Old 28th April 2013, 03:43 PM   #3782
diyAudio Member

It seems to me that the HP10IT is just a name that Intertechnik has invented, so it could be the HP10W they are selling.
HP10T (not IT) is a different driver, that can't be used in a boominator.
Old 28th April 2013, 05:15 PM   #3783
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campino Morten View Post
It seems to me that the HP10IT is just a name that Intertechnik has invented, so it could be the HP10W they are selling.
HP10T (not IT) is a different driver, that can't be used in a boominator.
You're right. I didn't even notice the I.

How stupid of Intertechnik to rename a well known driver to something that is easily confused with a totally different driver of the same manufacturer.
Old 28th April 2013, 05:18 PM   #3784
floxer is offline floxer  France
diyAudio Member

Thanks for your answer,
I know the HP10T driver, my question was about HP10IT ( any information on google for this one ) , it's crazy they invent a new name !
So i will order and i hope i can trust them...
Old 29th April 2013, 10:12 AM   #3785
diyAudio Member

Hi all
I'm just about to start construction of my own Boominator and I have a query regarding power supply.
I'd like to put in a mains 220v supply possibly a hacked PC power supply?
I'd like this to charge the batteries when plugged in and playing, has anyone done anything like this and could help with a wiring plan?
I'm leaving out the Solar as living in Ireland it wouldn't be a lot of use!!!
Any help would be great!
Thanks.
Old 29th April 2013, 11:49 AM   #3786
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortrope View Post
Hi all
I'm just about to start construction of my own Boominator and I have a query regarding power supply.
I'd like to put in a mains 220v supply possibly a hacked PC power supply?
I'd like this to charge the batteries when plugged in and playing, has anyone done anything like this and could help with a wiring plan?
I'm leaving out the Solar as living in Ireland it wouldn't be a lot of use!!!
Any help would be great!
Thanks.
Bah. Solar works fine in Ireland. It's much further south than Denmark, got about the same average hours of Sun light, and if you just take the advice of using a amorphous/CIS panel, it'll work fine.

You cannot charge batteries from a hacked PC power supply. You need a charger. I advice against using a hacked PC power supply in any case. It's not a very good solution at all.
Old 29th April 2013, 12:24 PM   #3787
diyAudio Member

Thanks Saturnus.

It's not the Sun I'm referring to, it rains so Feckin much here that my Boominator will rarely be outside in the open!!

I thought I'd read elsewhere on this thread that you shouldn't charge and play at the same time, true??

Also, what's wrong with a hacked power pc supply?
Electronics is not really my forte, I'm learning as I go but cabinetry and furniture making is my speciality.

Is there anywhere I can donate to you for your mine of information??!!
Old 29th April 2013, 01:36 PM   #3788
diyAudio Member

Just want to chime in and let people know; I lent out my boombox for the weekend to my friends father for their yearly hunting trip. It was already at 50 hours of play time, and it just played another 10-15. It is still on it's first charge (15ah) and sitting at 13.1v (was 13.2 until ~40hrs). That is with light for 10-20, moderate for 30-40 and full for 2-5. I haven't even used my solar panel I built yet.
Old 29th April 2013, 08:21 PM   #3789
diyAudio Member

Ok..so shelve the 220v supply and stick with the solar and keep it charged then?
Old 29th April 2013, 09:46 PM   #3790
joeoz is offline joeoz  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Battery for Qubinator

Hi Saturnus,

A couple of us have purchased all the parts we need to build some Qubinators. We made a special order with P. Audio to get some HP10T drivers, as we couldn't get hold of them here in Australia.

Just a question about the battery. You specified the 6800mAh or 9800mAh 12V li-ion CCTV battery pack. Is there any way to have these sorts of batteries charged via a solar panel? From what I can tell, you wouldn't want them powering the amp while being charged. Also, I've read somewhere that they should only be charged using the supplied charger.

If that doesn't make sense, I was looking at a smaller SLA battery, like this one:

Buy The Battery Warehouse 12V 3.0A Sealed Lead Acid Battery 1pk | Read Reviews | Dick Smith Online Shopping

Going by its dimensions (60mm x 66mm x 130mm), would it make sense to use this in the Qubinator? I believe there is room for the battery to sit on the floor of the middle compartment, where the space (below the drivers) is about 81mm high, 66mm wide, and 282mm long. Should be room in there also for the solar regulator.

In any case, the idea is to hopefully find a battery solution that will allow for solar charging.

Thanks!
Joe

Hide this!Advertise here!