The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine - Page 351 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st March 2013, 03:10 PM   #3501
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummiejon View Post
Hi

Taking into account of discussions before, suggestions from Saturnus and others submissions of diagrams, here is an updated diagram that may help other boominator builders who refuse to pay to extortionate shipping costs of the piezo tweeters from USA....
Sadly, checking back the filter posted earlier is for use with Eminence Basslite S2010.

Here is the correct filter for use with the HP10W.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attac...boomfilter.jpg
Old 1st March 2013, 03:13 PM   #3502
diyAudio Member

I thought that the tweeters were supposed to be wired out of phase? ( I don't know why?)
BJ
Old 1st March 2013, 03:15 PM   #3503
diyAudio Member

I'll delete my diagrams to save confusion, thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 03:35 PM   #3504
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummiejon View Post
I thought that the tweeters were supposed to be wired out of phase? ( I don't know why?)
BJ
This is a 1st order filter so it's in phase. A 2nd order filter would be out of phase.

The reason the 2 filters are vastly different is that the S2010 doesn't go as far up as the HP10W and have very problematic frequency response over 1Khz. The filter makes up for that and cuts quite low.

The HP10W (or GW1058) in itself forms at very good and natural sounding filter with an x-o at about 4Khz. We then don't have to filter the tweeter as hard and we can use the lower filter slope to linearize the response of the tweeter.

The same advice about the resistors though. Try which is best for you.
Old 1st March 2013, 03:41 PM   #3505
diyAudio Member

I'll update mine and repost. If using the Amp6b, then the positive of tweeters and the woofers are wired together as it comes out of the amp, and likewise with the neg? correct?
Wasn't this diagram for the amp9, since it looks like you need one channel for woofers and another one for the tweeters?
Old 1st March 2013, 07:35 PM   #3506
diyAudio Member

I'll assume your silence was an implied "you're good to go", thank you very much for your help!
Old 1st March 2013, 08:27 PM   #3507
diyAudio Member

Just want to mention I finally got mine together....and the speakers I chose are bomb! Not very harsh at all, and I have not even connected by 3.5khz low pass filters yet - I may not!

They are really sensitive. 1/4 volume right now on the TA2020 and like half on my Nexus 7 and it is plenty loud....and I am only using a small 12v 1A wall adapter for an external hard drive to test it out!!

Anyone interested, you can get the woofers here in N/A for $19 a piece. Helluva deal IMO.
Old 1st March 2013, 08:38 PM   #3508
diyAudio Member

Default Master Wiring Diagrams with 407N, S2010 Amp6B

Since the filter for the signature version consisting of the p.audio HP-10 and S2010 but using the amp6b, I decided to upload the corrected pdf. If any of you veteran Boominator builders want to check this over, please do, as I was creating this for myself so I don't make a many mistakes as I need to, or bother the good folks here. Any constructive comments and corrections are highly encouraged!!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MasterWiring_407N-S2010.pdf (263.2 KB, 89 views)
Old 1st March 2013, 09:00 PM   #3509
diyAudio Member

Default Master Wiring for MKII version with the PHT-407N and HP-10W/GW-1050

Here is the MKII version with the PHT-407N and HP-10W/GW-1050. Again, If any of the experienced Boominator builders check this pdf, and have any comments, corrections, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MasterWiring_407N_HP10W-or-GW1058.pdf (232.6 KB, 90 views)
Old 2nd March 2013, 02:44 AM   #3510
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stevodude
Well I did what I should have done from the start, and that is order 2 x AMP6's from 41Hz.

Actually ordered 2 AMp6 basic sneaky's, ended up an ok price ~ $115aud total for 2 sneaky's delivered with insurance.

S.

Hide this!Advertise here!