The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine - Page 338 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th December 2012, 06:26 PM   #3371
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HifiBoyDenmark View Post
Edit: found answer at page 237
Yeah. The answer to any question is probably answered already somewhere in the thread
Old 28th December 2012, 05:57 PM   #3372
diyAudio Member

Hi.
I need more help regarding battery. Witch battery would you go for: I like to run 24v
and like as long playtime as possible. I've read some treads here about it, but don't know if Li-ion or LiFePo4 would give me most Ah.
I manage to fit 4 12v 7,2 Ah sla in original middel compartment, but couldent fit Mini DSP so i now use 3 sla. One for phone and mixer and two for Amp/ mini dsp.
I was thinking about to get two small 12v and two 7,2 v and paralell one small+ one big and then serie them. I hava been a bit stupid and left out woofer grill's and now regret it. Any good idea on how to fit some nice grill's? I don't like to screw on PA grill's on outside.
No i'm off to paint Signaturnus with Duratex.
Old 29th December 2012, 06:40 PM   #3373
diyAudio Member

By the way, bassreflex ports?? Should they suck? When i hold hand in front my hands are been sucked aigainst ports. Tried with paper as well to confirm. I have invert phase to 407.
Old 29th December 2012, 07:52 PM   #3374
diyAudio Member

I did record a small video to show. It is possible something has happend when tossing it around in the garage: http://sdrv.ms/Q6Lwwv
Old 29th December 2012, 10:29 PM   #3375
diyAudio Member

Reflex ports suck and blow.

They have to. They are being excited by the cone movement. You'll probably experience them as suck very near to the ports, and like blow some 10-15 centimeters away from the ports.

If they seem to start by sucking, then the phase is correct. The speakers cones are moving forwards at the same time.

I'd go with lithium packs for your build. 4 times the capacity in the same space, and a 50% lighter. For example, the "12V 18000mah" packs that are sold fairly cheap. They're actually 11.1V and 13200mah but that's marketing for you.

Regarding grills. I don't know, maybe make a steel bar grill?

Last edited by Saturnus; 29th December 2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old 30th December 2012, 12:45 AM   #3376
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnus View Post
Reflex ports suck and blow.

They have to. They are being excited by the cone movement. You'll probably experience them as suck very near to the ports, and like blow some 10-15 centimeters away from the ports.

If they seem to start by sucking, then the phase is correct. The speakers cones are moving forwards at the same time.

I'd go with lithium packs for your build. 4 times the capacity in the same space, and a 50% lighter. For example, the "12V 18000mah" packs that are sold fairly cheap. They're actually 11.1V and 13200mah but that's marketing for you.

Regarding grills. I don't know, maybe make a steel bar grill?
Thank you for many lessons I just had not feldt this sucktion before.
I will check upon those Li-ion pacs.
Is there a way for me to messure soundpressure that will give you any idea on how this build are playing? If you like to know i will try to arange it. Just tell me
Bjoern
Old 30th December 2012, 01:19 PM   #3377
diyAudio Member

Im trying to build a boomcase and i need to know in detail how to wire a switch to the lepai amp to switch it from AC to battery. Is there also a way to allow the battery to charge once the boomcase is plugged into a wall? im a complete noob at electronics and i seriously need help.
Old 1st January 2013, 05:35 PM   #3378
diyAudio Member

Hi, this is my first post here.
First of all I would like to thank Saturnus and everybody else on this forum for all your dedication. It has been a true pleasure reading this thread.
I'm starting my own build next week:
4x Eminence BASSLITE s2010
4x QLM -1005
1x Lepai TA 2020A+ (might order a amp6 to use insted but I had this one laying around)
1x LFX18A1-BS12 ( For any swedish builders out there NF Racing has good prices on Shorai batterys and exellent service)

Will update on progress and results.
Old 1st January 2013, 07:27 PM   #3379
diyAudio Member

Specifically for the Basslite version you might want to wait a little before you start construction as I'm redesigning the bracing to accommodate other drivers, especially neodynium drivers, for lighter version.

It's not a replacement design. But a design that makes using other drivers viable without too many sacrifices.
Old 1st January 2013, 09:36 PM   #3380
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnus View Post
Specifically for the Basslite version you might want to wait a little before you start construction as I'm redesigning the bracing to accommodate other drivers, especially neodynium drivers, for lighter version.

It's not a replacement design. But a design that makes using other drivers viable without too many sacrifices.
Ok, I will try to hold off for a while but it's not going to be easy
I'm so eager to start this project.

Hide this!Advertise here!