The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine - Page 294 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th June 2012, 05:03 PM   #2931
diyAudio Member

Hey,
I thought of using the Eminence Basslite S2010, because the HP10W are sold out everywhere.

Can I use these speakers with the MUSE-M20-EX2-TA2020 Amplifier?

Will I need to use different piezo tweeters than Monacor MPT-001?

I saw you commenting that the drivers should be connected by a pvc tube covering the magnets, why would you need to do that?

Lastly, why would I need to lower the depth of the port to 24mm, instead of 36mm?

Thank you
Old 12th June 2012, 07:14 PM   #2932
diyAudio Member

Saturnus, can you explaine more about having a fuse on the battey. You're writing that should always, always, always be there i dont have one, so i'll need to know more a about it
Old 12th June 2012, 07:21 PM   #2933
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HifiBoyDenmark View Post
Saturnus, can you explaine more about having a fuse on the battey. You're writing that should always, always, always be there i dont have one, so i'll need to know more a about it
What? Seriously?
Old 12th June 2012, 07:28 PM   #2934
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnus View Post
What? Seriously?
post #2928 "This is why you should always always always have a fuse on the battery"
Old 12th June 2012, 07:32 PM   #2935
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HifiBoyDenmark View Post
post #2928 "This is why you should always always always have a fuse on the battery"
What part of that is confusing? You must always have a fuse at the power source. This is rudimentary knowledge.

Sorry, but this question made me realize that I really need to take a break from answering questions in this thread before I explode in a flaming rage.

That's all, folks. I might answer more questions after the summer is gone. I will not reply to PMs or e-mails either.

Last edited by Saturnus; 12th June 2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12th June 2012, 07:36 PM   #2936
diyAudio Member

Quote:
What part of that is confusing? You must always have a fuse at the power source. This is rudimentary knowledge.
well i thougt the fuse on the AMP6 was it?
Old 12th June 2012, 09:06 PM   #2937
osny is offline osny  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Resistor do not dampen piezos. Capacitors do. As the piezo is 130nF, add a 0.13uF cap in series to dampen by 6dB. That's probably too much though.

Note that this cap should be in parallel with the series resistor, not in series with it.

Rough dampening values to test:

-1dB = 22nF
-1.5dB = 33nF
-3dB = 67nF
Is this right?

http://www.ladda-upp.com/bilder/70236/sdadsadsa
Old 13th June 2012, 01:28 PM   #2938
diyAudio Member

can anyone send me a link to the fuse i has to buy (from brinck.dk if possible) between my battery and the amp :b i use 7aH batteries. please help me
Old 13th June 2012, 01:58 PM   #2939
diyAudio Member

If I want more output from my halfinator, which currently is used with the amp6-basic. Which amp do you guys recommend? The amp9-b? Or something else?
Old 13th June 2012, 03:09 PM   #2940
gmarsh is offline gmarsh  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:

Sorry, but this question made me realize that I really need to take a break from answering questions in this thread before I explode in a flaming rage.

That's all, folks. I might answer more questions after the summer is gone. I will not reply to PMs or e-mails either.
We seriously need to get a Boominator wiki on the go. Once it gets filled in with enough content, it should deflect about 99% of the questions, and that should hopefully preserve what's left of your sanity..

I've never created a wiki in my life, and I don't have much free time to undertake such a project, but I'll certainly contribute wherever I can once it gets started up. Anyone on here, who knows a thing or two about wikis, want to take the reins?

Hide this!Advertise here!