The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine - Page 270 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th March 2012, 01:58 PM   #2691
diyAudio Member

Thank you

I am reading the tread - just reached page numer 69 - but 269 pages takes some time - and i just wanted to buy the right stuff in time - so i can get startet in the easter holiday
Old 28th March 2012, 02:01 PM   #2692
gmarsh is offline gmarsh  Canada
diyAudio Member

I'm looking at the 2nd picture above, which uses GW-1058s, and wondering why they didn't mount the drivers on the inside. Looks like they'd fit pretty well.
Old 29th March 2012, 06:48 PM   #2693
diyAudio Member

Default tweeter

I can you that the original tweeter you recommended isnt for sale anymore - but then you recommended this one instead

MPT-001

It goes from 4000 hz to 20.000 hz but the hp-10w only goes from 80 hz to 3000 hx ? what about from 3000hz to 4000hz then ? wouldnt that sound bad ?
Old 29th March 2012, 07:40 PM   #2694
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarsh View Post
I'm looking at the 2nd picture above, which uses GW-1058s, and wondering why they didn't mount the drivers on the inside. Looks like they'd fit pretty well.
Beats me. I have no idea why some people don't follow the design exactly as it's intended. It is after all the only guarantee I can make that if you do, you end up with a good result.
Old 29th March 2012, 07:43 PM   #2695
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skottyboy View Post
It goes from 4000 hz to 20.000 hz but the hp-10w only goes from 80 hz to 3000 hx ? what about from 3000hz to 4000hz then ? wouldnt that sound bad ?
Maybe if the drivers read how they are supposed to work and stop playing exactly at the frequencies given to them. However, if you look at plots of their frequency response you'll find out that the drivers are non-conformist rebels. Born to be wild. \m/
Old 29th March 2012, 07:51 PM   #2696
rubennn is offline rubennn  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnus View Post
Maybe if the drivers read how they are supposed to work and stop playing exactly at the frequencies given to them. However, if you look at plots of their frequency response you'll find out that the drivers are non-conformist rebels. Born to be wild. \m/
I lol'd
Old 29th March 2012, 07:55 PM   #2697
diyAudio Member

-.-'
Old 4th April 2012, 02:40 PM   #2698
diyAudio Member

Hi together,
last November I presented you my plans for a half/half boominator concept (The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine). Due to ordering problems from 41Hz.com which are solved now I would like to build my small boominator now.
That's what I have so far:
4x HP-10W 8Ohm,
4x PHT-407 8 Ohm tweeter (no -T/-N, the cheap stuff): https://www.intertechnik.de/Shop/Lau...8,de,3725,6407
2x AMP6B
Some 1 or 2 7.4Ah 12V SLN batteries

My question at the moment is, what combinations of speakers, tweeters and amps would be the lightest, most flexible?
Speaker and Tweeter is clear: 2x HP-10W and 2x PHT-407 in each half-boominator.
But what about the wiring:

Option 1: Should I connect 1x HP-10W in parallel to 1x PHT-407 to one channel of the AMP6? Which filter components would be suitable?

Option 2: Should I connect 2x HP-10W parallel to left channel, 2xPHT-407 in parallel to right channel of AMP6 and filter IN FRONT of AMP6?

Any Ideas/Tips would be appreciated!
Old 9th April 2012, 09:11 PM   #2699
diyAudio Member

Hello!

I'm doing my best reading through this thread before starting to build my halfinator. Next into all my question has been answered, but I have the same question skipper87 had some pages back.

If I do my halfinator in stereo with two ports, does anyone have the right dimensions for the ports (diameter & length) for each hp-10w? And does it matter where they are placed?
- If it does, does anyone have some info where they should be placed for best results?

Thanks alot in advance!
Old 10th April 2012, 02:50 PM   #2700
diyAudio Member

I have been doing some more thinking about my halfinator.

I'm thinking 'bout making the halfinator in a standing design, with each HP-10W playing on different channels to get a decent stereoimage. I will though still make holes in the center bracing so that I can use one port for both speakers. Here are some non-detailed sketches I made in paint just to show how I'm thinking. There are currently two versions I'm thinking off.

1:
Click the image to open in full size.

2:
Click the image to open in full size.

Note that the right and left side will be identical, that will say 2x HP-10 in total etc. The back will not be identical to the front though, as there will be nothing there.

In the second version I'm thinking off using 2xHP-10 and 4xPiezo's. This is due that the low frequesies stays around the speaker, while the higher frequensies just travels straight away and will eventually get lost outdoors if you'r not standing in front of the piezo's. But if you sit in front of the port in the second version, I gues you will get:
* A decent stereoimage
* A decent soundimage, with both low and high frequensies.

Am I right?
Would you recommend any of theese two versions? Or would you go with another one?

I would be very pleased to hear your opinions.

All the best,
bekutori

Hide this!Advertise here!