The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine - Page 238 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th October 2011, 08:35 PM   #2371
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressureFM View Post
Single cell Li-ion and LiPo are both 3.6-3.7 V.
That would be an easy way to power it then, but depending on separate batteries is something I'd like to avoid.
Old 13th October 2011, 07:30 AM   #2372
diyAudio Member

I have never needed the ability to use USB.
Do your friends use USB flash drives to store their music?
All people I know uses phones, iPod/iPhones or other mobile devices with a jack/minijack output.
Old 14th October 2011, 10:53 PM   #2373
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to aphelion
A few questions for those of you with boominators who have heard your boxes next to other boxes/systems:

1. How does a goldwood gw-1058-driven boominator compare to an hp10w-driven boominator?
2. Have you heard any boominators at the festival that really stood out? What components were they using?
3. How does the boominator compare to the podzuma? I have heard the podzuma in person, and it is very impressive for its size.
Old 15th October 2011, 12:10 PM   #2374
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphelion View Post
A few questions for those of you with boominators who have heard your boxes next to other boxes/systems:

1. How does a goldwood gw-1058-driven boominator compare to an hp10w-driven boominator?
2. Have you heard any boominators at the festival that really stood out? What components were they using?
3. How does the boominator compare to the podzuma? I have heard the podzuma in person, and it is very impressive for its size.
I'll let those who have built it with the GW1058 instead of the HP10W comment on their impressions as I actually haven't heard a Boominator with the GW1058. I have however heard other speakers with the GW1058 and it's my impression that the difference isn't that great. The HP10W is just better all round. And especially mid-range performance is better.

At the Boominator meet-up at Roskilde Festival I think FMpressure's Boominator with it's PHT407 tweeter stood out. And after that one, all the Boominators with the bubble tweeters.

Well, I have heard the podzuma. And let me tell you, it's an entirely different league altogether. The Boominator is vastly better in every aspect.
Old 16th October 2011, 09:08 AM   #2375
diyAudio Member

Jeg har ledt i lang tid og kan ikke finde NTX3711 Bubble Tweeters nogen steder :S

Nogen der har et link til hvor de kan kÝbes ?

translation from google translate
I've been looking for a long time and can not find NTX3711 Bubble Tweeters anywhere: S

Anyone have a link to where they can be bought?

Last edited by wintermute; 16th October 2011 at 09:10 AM. Reason: add translation
Old 16th October 2011, 09:09 AM   #2376
diyAudio Moderator

English please.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 16th October 2011, 09:42 PM   #2377
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristoffersg View Post
NTX3711 Bubble Tweeters
They are sold on eBay in 10-packs, but restricted to buyers in United States and Canada sadly.
HORN BUBBLE TWEETERS 3.5" 10 PACK PIEZO PA DJ (NTX3711) | eBay

I'm going to need at least 4 of these for my build, so I think I'll order them through ShopUSA or similar service.
Maybe we can arrange a groupbuy, since they are in high demand for boominator builds.
Old 16th October 2011, 10:44 PM   #2378
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraldk View Post
They are sold on eBay in 10-packs, but restricted to buyers in United States and Canada sadly.
HORN BUBBLE TWEETERS 3.5" 10 PACK PIEZO PA DJ (NTX3711) | eBay

I'm going to need at least 4 of these for my build, so I think I'll order them through ShopUSA or similar service.
Maybe we can arrange a groupbuy, since they are in high demand for boominator builds.
You'll have no luck with that auction (yet?) the listing has ended and they don't have any in stock.

For the last month I've been waiting for them get them in stock again. All I've been told is that they are still on backorder.
Old 16th October 2011, 11:19 PM   #2379
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostecki View Post
You'll have no luck with that auction (yet?) the listing has ended and they don't have any in stock.

For the last month I've been waiting for them get them in stock again. All I've been told is that they are still on backorder.
Oh I did not notice that.
Old 17th October 2011, 11:35 AM   #2380
donnib is offline donnib  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Let me point out some of the issues i had this weekend when i tried to get further with my project:
  1. I tried to glue the grill on top of the HP10 and let me tell you that it is an mess. Maybe i tried to do something that i was not suppose to do but glueing the grill without it's rubber thing around it is nearly impossible so i gave up.
  2. Next i was thinking how to mount the driver to the plywood from inside with the grill (without rubber and without sealing gasket since i don't need it) between the plywood and driver ?? Hmm. I know saturnus said that i should glue the driver but as i said in 1 it is impossible for me. Anyway i decided on screws but even with screws i need really big ammount of silicone sealing around if no air is supposed to go out. Especially around the screw holes on the HP10W. You all did this ?
  3. I made holes for the tweaters and i accidentaly got to close to the port handle so i now need to cut some of the plywwod off so i have enough space to mount the tweeter os be careful with this one.
  4. Since i wanted to mount the drivers i figured out that i can't mount them before i paint the roundings for the HP10W because i won't be able to do that with the driver inside. I will only paint the roundings becaue i will paint the whole thing when i am done and the screw holes from the rest of the box are filled with polyfilla.
Anyway i didn't get to do any of these. I only looked at the parts and i had to rethink the strategy because i am really nervous that there will be air comming in into the box if i don't seal the HP10W correct if possible. I feel that the grill is really getting in the way to seal the box correct. My grill have sharp edges when i take the rubber thing off. Is your the same ?

/donnib

Hide this!Advertise here!