Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th August 2011, 06:29 PM   #2211
diyAudio Member

yayyyy well done!
Old 13th August 2011, 08:08 AM   #2212
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daholygoat View Post
The sound is good, haven't heard any other boominator so it's hard to compare. Using these piezos: QLM-1005 - Ljudia - Multimedia Hemelektronik Karaoke PA anläggning DJ utrustning Ljus utrustning

I've got the pictures on facebook aswell. Sorry for the low resolution pictures, here's the link to the album on imageshack: ImageShack Album - 20 images
Sorry, but I really can't be bothered opening all the pictures to save them and then upload them, when it takes you a lot less time to just send them to my email and I can upload them

ewald.hansen@gmail.com

PS. Awesome that the sound of it blows you away.. Thats pretty much the experience most of us had when building the Boominator! Its a great project for a budding DIY'er!
Old 13th August 2011, 10:49 AM   #2213
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedras View Post
Sorry, but I really can't be bothered opening all the pictures to save them and then upload them, when it takes you a lot less time to just send them to my email and I can upload them

ewald.hansen@gmail.com

PS. Awesome that the sound of it blows you away.. Thats pretty much the experience most of us had when building the Boominator! Its a great project for a budding DIY'er!
Sent you an email!

Everytime I look at the amp I'm out of words, everytime I listen to it I'm amazed. <3

Last edited by daholygoat; 13th August 2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 13th August 2011, 12:23 PM   #2214
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Sent you an email!

Everytime I look at the amp I'm out of words, everytime I listen to it I'm amazed. <3
Awesome

It's now uploaded in the Facebook page
Old 14th August 2011, 12:48 PM   #2215
diyAudio Member

For gluing my piezo's, how would I go about that? Gluing the small removable lid back on all long the back-edge of the piezo? Or do I put glue on the "outside" of the internal part of the piezo?
Old 15th August 2011, 07:15 AM   #2216
rubennn is offline rubennn  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Only concern I've had so far is when playing rock music, I get the feeling that it sounds a bit dull, what can I say, as if the bass takes over more than the treble. But I think the reason for that is that I'm listening to it indoors right now, and I understand that the design is for outdoor use, the soundwaves reflects against the walls I assume giving me this impression. =)
I get that as well! Indoors it doesn't sound as good as outdoors. But that has something to do with the design. The frequencies at around 100-300 hz are boosted a bit to reproduce more bass and that's probably what you can hear indoors. Outdoors this boost is desired to make up for some of the lost lower frequencies.

So year... it's because it's designed to play outdoors and it does that damn well.

Listening to the boominator indoors can be done at very low volume.. Then I actually think that it sounds pretty good

Also, when I'm throwing an indoor party I usually get my boominator to start the party with music. Just because it can play so extremely loud indoors.
Old 15th August 2011, 09:03 AM   #2217
diyAudio Member

Where should I put the glue on my piezo?

At the red markings effectively sealing the piezo shut.
At the green markings, making the piezo less prone to vibrate because of increased mass
At the end of the piezo, where the blue arrow is pointing?

Or some fourth place?

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 15th August 2011, 09:05 AM   #2218
diyAudio Member

All 3 places.
Old 15th August 2011, 09:41 AM   #2219
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnus View Post
All 3 places.
Oh well, that solves it quite nicely. Thanks!
Old 15th August 2011, 09:43 AM   #2220
diyAudio Member

Hi, on my battery I've got this little red thing on my plus pole, wonder what it is and what purpose it serves?
Click the image to open in full size.

Hide this!Advertise here!