The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine - Page 184 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th June 2011, 05:53 PM   #1831
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedras View Post
Yea, I like that aswell, but in this case I doubt Ruben wants to go cable aficionado 8 days before the festival

I actually played with the thought of building the boominator in 12mm acryl and installing LED lighting inside and use nice wiring to show off the insides. But came to the conclusion that it was probably a bit too flexible and definately too expensive for me

Maybe next year
I have also played with the thought. 12mm acryl or really polycarbonate is superior to plywood in sonic properties, it's much much stiffer, but it's also much much heavier and would cost something like DKK4000-5000 for enough to build one Boominator.

If I ever do it, it will be with signature driver as those p.audio sn II series are really really beautiful drivers and a shame to hide inside a cabinet.
Old 16th June 2011, 06:24 PM   #1832
Wubbaz is offline Wubbaz  Denmark
diyAudio Member

I am about to "glue" the solar panels on the top of the Boominator now. I was thinking of using some waterbased, acrylic "fugemasse" that I have laying around. It does not say if there is any "opløsnigsmidler" in it that could possibly damage the solar panels. Do you guys think that it would be safe to use that?
Old 16th June 2011, 07:03 PM   #1833
donnib is offline donnib  Denmark
diyAudio Member

@Wubbaz Did u buy your tweeters from the place you recommended earlier today? If yes what did you get? Can you recommend one?
Old 16th June 2011, 07:14 PM   #1834
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnib View Post
@Wubbaz Did u buy your tweeters from the place you recommended earlier today? If yes what did you get? Can you recommend one?
I bought 4 copies of the KSN1005A from www.discoworld.dk. I just recieved them today, so I haven't been able to try them out yet. They look fine though, so I guess they will also sound that way.

Edit: This one http://www.discoworld.dk/product_inf...oducts_id=9597

Last edited by Wubbaz; 16th June 2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 16th June 2011, 07:51 PM   #1835
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSperm View Post
I found this instead, i Conrad online shop and i Conrad online shop will these do? The fuses only come in 10 A, 15 A, 20 A and so on. Ty for any answer.
Ah crap, noticed the links was bad. Here are the right ones. FLATSÄKRINGSHÅLLARE (KABEL 2MM²) i Conrad online shop and STANDARD-FLACHSICHERUNG 15 A i Conrad online shop
Old 16th June 2011, 08:52 PM   #1836
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wubbaz View Post
I am about to "glue" the solar panels on the top of the Boominator now. I was thinking of using some waterbased, acrylic "fugemasse" that I have laying around. It does not say if there is any "opløsnigsmidler" in it that could possibly damage the solar panels. Do you guys think that it would be safe to use that?
Nevermind this, I found the sealant on the website and it says "non-corrosive".
Old 16th June 2011, 09:19 PM   #1837
diyAudio Member

Quote:
The fuse-holder looks good. In order to find the right size of fuse, you should calculate how many Amps that runs through your circuit at max and then add 25% to that
Old 16th June 2011, 09:43 PM   #1838
diyAudio Member

@Wubbaz. Ty for the reply I dont know if i got this right. I got the Lepai lp-2020 a+ that have Output Power 2 x 20W @ 4Ω. 40W/12V=3,33A and add 25%= 4,16A. Should i go with STANDARD-FLACHSICHERUNG 7,5 A i Conrad online shop then to be on the safe side? Oh forgot, i have a 12v cigarette thingie to for charging stuff. But what power that drains i have no clue. But then im no good at math, so its probably totally wrong :P

Last edited by SuperSperm; 16th June 2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 16th June 2011, 09:48 PM   #1839
diyAudio Member

Quote:
@Wubbaz. Ty for the reply I dont know if i got this right. I got the Lepai lp-2020 a+ that have Output Power 2 x 20W @ 4Ω. 40W/12V=3,33A and add 25%= 4,16A. Should i go with STANDARD-FLACHSICHERUNG 7,5 A i Conrad online shop then to be on the safe side? But then im no good at math, so its probably totally wrong :P
That should do the trick. You could still go with a 10 or 15 A fuse, it will blow in any case If you really wanna be on the safe side
Old 16th June 2011, 09:49 PM   #1840
donnib is offline donnib  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wubbaz View Post
I bought 4 copies of the KSN1005A from www.discoworld.dk. I just recieved them today, so I haven't been able to try them out yet. They look fine though, so I guess they will also sound that way.

Edit: This one | IMG Stage Line 110470 |Piezohorn MPT-001 Hjttaler-enheder Piezo Diskanter
Thanks. How much difference are there between the different tweeters ? I see that this one is popular as well QLM-1005 - Ljudia - Multimedia Hemelektronik Karaoke PA anläggning DJ utrustning Ljus utrustning.

Hide this!Advertise here!