The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine - Page 181 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th June 2011, 01:33 PM   #1801
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitrage View Post
Regarding delivery time on the Goldwood's, we ordered 4 units on the 29th of May, and we have today received them through ShopUSA.

So around 17 days or 13 work days.
That's longer than I expected but still in time to make the it before the festival if you get get busy building.
Old 15th June 2011, 02:05 PM   #1802
ThokN is offline ThokN  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Does this method on the left also work ok as one battery pack? Because that's how we did it...just want to know if we should redo it?
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by ThokN; 15th June 2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 15th June 2011, 02:54 PM   #1803
diyAudio Member

Okay. All the speakers I have ordered is sold-out. I'm ditching the boominator design, and going with some PA-speakers.

Do you think these would work with the TA2020 amp?

Thornton SE212 Højtaler 400W

I don't have time to build anything I think, so I'll have to go with pre-assembled speakers.
Old 15th June 2011, 03:44 PM   #1804
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnus View Post
That's longer than I expected but still in time to make the it before the festival if you get get busy building.
Should be plenty of time for building, since we have all parts but the plywood (which we can get quite easily) and the batteries.

But I don't think we will be going for the Boominator design, since my friends don't think it will fit with the style of camp they wish, so all speakers will be on one side.

But we will figure it out in the following days, with some testing and properly some annoyed neighbors.
Old 15th June 2011, 05:14 PM   #1805
diyAudio Member

We were planning on building something like this, where the base of the case i chosen on the basis on the wagon we are going to use.

Speakers are the Goldwood GW-1058 and these piezo's | IMG Stage Line 110480 |Piezohorn MPT-005 Hjttaler-enheder Piezo Diskanter

The volume of the box is 233,1L minus speakers, amp and batteries.

Any thoughts on how this may do, and if the speakers should have seperate compartments?

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 15th June 2011, 07:09 PM   #1806
diyAudio Member

Thnx for reminding me about the fuse, will this do? Conrad - online shop för teknik, elektronik och innovativa idéer ? And what fuse should i go with, 30A (brobably a dumb question, but ive never done this before)? Also i have a question about On/Off switch, if i want to charge the battery should i put the switch between solarpanel/regulator or regulator/battery? I already have a On/Off switch between Amp/battery.
Old 15th June 2011, 07:50 PM   #1807
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSperm View Post
Thnx for reminding me about the fuse, will this do? Conrad - online shop för teknik, elektronik och innovativa idéer ? And what fuse should i go with, 30A (brobably a dumb question, but ive never done this before)? Also i have a question about On/Off switch, if i want to charge the battery should i put the switch between solarpanel/regulator or regulator/battery? I already have a On/Off switch between Amp/battery.
Wrong link, heres the right one BILSÄKRINGSH.LLARE 30 A 32 V DC DC KABEL i Conrad online shop ? And by charging i mean with a regular charger. Thnx in advance for any answer.
Old 15th June 2011, 08:59 PM   #1808
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Th3 uN1Qu3
100W at 10.8v (worst case scenario, drained battery) solves to 10A. The fuse should be 16A then.

As for the cable, that thick cable is a good idea if you want to squeeze the last drop of juice out of the battery.
Old 16th June 2011, 06:47 AM   #1809
donnib is offline donnib  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Default Hey

Hey,
You know the story. I also would like to build an boombox, guess Boominator design is great although i need it a bit for another purpose. I am DJ and i usually have small parties with friends around the beach so i need to be able to use my laptop and mixer so maybe i need a way to fix it on the boominator. I haven't thought about the design yet.

If you are curios this is what i have :
http://www.m-audio.com/images/global...nent_v2008.jpg
This freaking mixer uses 7.5W on 12V !!. It's almost the double of the power consumtion of amp6basic. Oh well...

I also have an Macbook Pro.

Right to business :

1. Where can i get the P.Audio HP10W ? Can you recommend another woofer ? Same quality ? If not then i rather wait if it's not in stock ?
2. I have managed to get my hands on 2 brand new 6600mAh / 98Wh Lithium-Ion batteries which i intend to use. Any ideas on these ?
3. I intend to buy a solarpanel in Germany or Sweden as many of you have recommended. I hope to find an 20W panel. I might also buy an charge controller but that depends if i feel i might overcharge batteries or not.
4. I won't even ask about amp It's already ordered (amp6basic)

donnib
Old 16th June 2011, 10:36 AM   #1810
diyAudio Member

I found this instead, i Conrad online shop and i Conrad online shop will these do? The fuses only come in 10 A, 15 A, 20 A and so on. Ty for any answer.

Hide this!Advertise here!