The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine - Page 172 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd June 2011, 11:32 AM   #1711
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wubbaz View Post
What exactly does SPL mean for a speaker? How loud it can play or just how much watt it consumes to produce sound?

I am asking this since the GW-1058 has 94,2 SPL while the HP-10W has 96 SPL. Would there be a noticeable difference between the HP-10W and the GW-1058 sound-wise?
SPL is Sound Pressure Level.

About the sensitivity difference of the GW1058 and HP10W I refer to an earlier post on this.
Old 2nd June 2011, 02:04 PM   #1712
kblnig is offline kblnig  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribjani View Post
Looking forward to that Saturnus :P
I double this and will happily pay the 10 eur for the instructions.. I think you can make quite some money from this... This topic is getting very poupular! IMHO you should be making a great deal of money from all your help! Thanks... I will buy your instructions and supply you with some beers at the Roskilde Festival, Just write to me where you are and i will even bring them to you
Old 2nd June 2011, 02:07 PM   #1713
diyAudio Member

Even if you're not coming to the meet up. You're more than welcome to post your camps location on the Boominator facebook page.

The Boominator | Facebook
Old 2nd June 2011, 03:04 PM   #1714
ThokN is offline ThokN  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Does anyone know if it is safe to remove the blue LED's on the Lepai? And if it is worth the hassle? (For saving power)
Old 2nd June 2011, 03:17 PM   #1715
diyAudio Member

I actually quite like the blue LED. Makes it easier to find the volume button in the dark. And the power savings should be minimal no?
Old 2nd June 2011, 03:24 PM   #1716
diyAudio Member

I think I read somewhere that it was part of the protection circuit. But in principle you could just as easily replace with a very small and much lower wattage LED instead.

As far as I can deduce the blue LED in the Lepai uses about 30mA, and since the TA2020 uses 60mA in idle that's a quite considerable power saving.
Old 2nd June 2011, 03:49 PM   #1717
ThokN is offline ThokN  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnus View Post
I think I read somewhere that it was part of the protection circuit. But in principle you could just as easily replace with a very small and much lower wattage LED instead.

As far as I can deduce the blue LED in the Lepai uses about 30mA, and since the TA2020 uses 60mA in idle that's a quite considerable power saving.
I will try to find a small LED then! It should be 12V right?

Is the 30mA for one or both the LED's inside? And 12V*0,03A = 0.36W which is ~1/13 of the average consumption at max volume if my calculations are correct. which is almost 2hours of the total 22 hours playing time on a 7.2Ah battery, right? That's a lot I think.

Going to look for smaller LED's
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:02 PM   #1718
diyAudio Member

How about using this speaker instead of HP-10W:

Click the image to open in full size.
They recommended it at the store but I wonder if it's worth buying this instead of waiting for HP-10w to come in again, which doesn't seem to be before august. Any input regarding this? Any other speakers that actually could replace the HP-10w? Been reading around but didn't find anything certain.

And then the longshot:
Anyone with 4 hp-10w just lying around, or perhaps a boominator for sale?
Old 3rd June 2011, 02:59 AM   #1719
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KURT1 View Post
How about using this speaker instead of HP-10W:
(...)
They recommended it at the store but I wonder if it's worth buying this instead of waiting for HP-10w to come in again, which doesn't seem to be before august. Any input regarding this? Any other speakers that actually could replace the HP-10w? Been reading around but didn't find anything certain.

And then the longshot:
Anyone with 4 hp-10w just lying around, or perhaps a boominator for sale?
It would prolly need a lot bigger enclosure than that of the Boominator, so don't think its a viable replacement..

You haven't been reading this thread fully then.. There's the Goldwood GW1058, although its not as good as the HP10w it replaces them without any substantial changes..

Also, if money is less of an option there's the SN10-MB used in the Signature design and the Deltalite II 2510, which are both more expensive than the HP10w..
Old 3rd June 2011, 07:30 AM   #1720
diyAudio Member

Hmmm.
I a few guys at Distortion last night. It's all a blur really.
Something about a Boominator, they were playing on a smaller box known as the "Two-time machine". Also, something about jingles, and daft punk, and a boominator meetup.

Hmmm. Could I perhaps have come to the right place?

Hide this!Advertise here!