The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine - Page 142 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th May 2011, 11:28 AM   #1411
rubennn is offline rubennn  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Oh my god! Look what dumped into my e-mail just now:

Quote:
Dear Ruben,

I'm afraid to announced HP-10W is discontinued, it is no longer manufactured.
I suggest to cancel your order and refund, do you agree ?

If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask me.

Kind regards, Timotée.
Kind we count on this or is it just the french? :P
Old 10th May 2011, 11:31 AM   #1412
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubennn View Post
Oh my god! Look what dumped into my e-mail just now:

Kind we count on this or is it just the french? :P
I have talked with 4-5 sellers that claims to have a shipment of HP10W in week 23 independent of each other. So im kinda hoping that week 23 are the answer to our prayers
Old 10th May 2011, 11:33 AM   #1413
diyAudio Member

I hope not. The HP10W is used in a lot of designs, so I can't see any reason why they would stop making them. Probably only this reseller that will not restock them.

Week 23 is still in fairly good time for the festival, even if there are delays, provided you make the rest of the stuff ready to just plug them in when they arrive. You should try an get a confirmation on actual latest expected delivery date, and see if you can sign up for immediate shipment on arrival.

Last edited by Saturnus; 10th May 2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10th May 2011, 11:36 AM   #1414
ThokN is offline ThokN  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vANGiEEE View Post
Then I would have to maybe ship them to Sweden cause the danish customs (as you might know) will almost allways keep the package for weeks and demand a pretty large amount of money for the customfee. :|

Does anyone know the rules in Sweden when recieving packages from outside EU?
Have you checked ShopUSA.com ? I bought some parts through them and they take care of shipping outside US when a seller only sells inside US. They also take care of customs so the package goes through the danish customs fast I believe. You could check it out perhaps.
Old 10th May 2011, 11:40 AM   #1415
Wubbaz is offline Wubbaz  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Hey there,

Quote:
Hey Lucas,

Unfortunately I'm afraid to announced HP-10W is discontinued, it is no longer manufactured.
I suggest to cancel your order and refund, do you agree ?

If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask me.

Best regards, Timotée.
I can confirm that I also have recieved the same mail as Ruben. Isn't week 23 a bit late if I want to build my stereo before Roskilde? Or should I just build the whole thing without the speakers and then wait for week 23 to come?
Old 10th May 2011, 11:44 AM   #1416
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wubbaz View Post
Hey there,
I can confirm that I also have recieved the same mail as Ruben. Isn't week 23 a bit late if I want to build my stereo before Roskilde? Or should I just build the whole thing without the speakers and then wait for week 23 to come?
I am waiting for week23, that should be in time to make a order for a alternative speaker system

The experts says HP10W, then i'll go HP10W! I have 3-4 shops that will contact me asap with the exact delivery date. I'll post it here when I get it.
Old 10th May 2011, 11:52 AM   #1417
rubennn is offline rubennn  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Actually, I'm considering even more and more to go with the half boominator. Mostly because I already have 2x HP-10W but also because this year of Roskilde I will have a small camp, and probably move a lot around showing my stereo off (as the douchebag I am - hell yeah xD).

It weighs less, takes up less space, doubles the battery life, half the volume...

I don't think I will need to be playing for 30+ people :P
Old 10th May 2011, 11:53 AM   #1418
diyAudio Member

If anybody is adventurous they could try getting one of these: PA Subwoofer 10 | BN201848 - Elektronik Lavpris ApS

Going by the picture it does look almost exactly like an HP10W, so maybe it actually is.

No guarentees though.

(Btw, they say they have 8 in stock, and will get more on the 10th of June, which is week 23, another indication that it might actually be an HP10W).

Last edited by Saturnus; 10th May 2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10th May 2011, 12:00 PM   #1419
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnus View Post
If anybody is adventurous they could try getting one of these: PA Subwoofer 10 | BN201848 - Elektronik Lavpris ApS

Going by the picture it does look almost exactly like an HP10W, so maybe it actually is.

No guarentees though.

(Btw, they say they have 8 in stock, and will get more on the 10th of June, which is week 23, another indication that it might actually be an HP10W).
I took the chance and ordered two of them - if they are **** i'll just have to return em
Old 10th May 2011, 12:04 PM   #1420
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vANGiEEE View Post
I took the chance and ordered two of them - if they are **** i'll just have to return em
Exactly what I thought. When they arrive tomorrow you can see instantly if they are HP10Ws (by the sticker on the back of the driver). And you can report back.

It would be fantastic if they are HP10Ws as we've actually found a danish reseller which will cut shipping costs and time by loads. Not to mention they're actually competetively priced.

Hide this!Advertise here!