Which value for Charlize's volume pot?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I am ready to assemble all parts to complete a Charlize, but I have a doubt about the value that the volume pot should have (I will buy a blue Alps pot).
The Charlize page says 50kohm, but I read also that 100kohm is ok.
Could someone please clarify this point for me?
Thanks

Yeo sells the 100k Alps Blue Velvet pot to use with it so I assume that's a good value. I bought mine together and just wired it up as described and it works great. It's a very pleasant sounding amp for not very much money and I had used it in place of my push-pull 6B4G amp while I was waiting for new tubes. I didn't feel like I lost anything, in fact I was beginning to wonder why I bought new tubes, which cost as much as the whole Charlize did.

zacster said:
... I had used it in place of my push-pull 6B4G amp while I was waiting for new tubes. I didn't feel like I lost anything, in fact I was beginning to wonder why I bought new tubes, which cost as much as the whole Charlize did.

Based only on listening to a couple samples of SI T-amps I think they sound more "tube-like" than any other sand amp I've ever heard. (And I love my tube amps!)

To the OP, in a modded SI amp I used a 50K pot (not Alps) and it works just fine.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.