ZXCD1000: Any good?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
Gyula said:
Yes, but think about n*100 A motor control circuits in power conversion. The motors can't be placed on board, however it works!

Yes they do work, but that's way out of context. Look at what some reputable class d amps of similar output power use for the output inductors. They generally aren't off board and they aren't simple, cheap ferrite bar core inductors. EMI performance is one of the main driving factors behind inductor choice, and both the type of inductor and the way they were wired/mounted for that ebay amp is pretty poor. You can obviously see that they were looking for the cheapest solution that worked.

Yes, the FM and PWM spectrum is similar. So if you design the wires for lambda/4 belongs to k*Fs, your broadcast can be received with an FM radio too. And the coupling of the coils can scramble the music on the speakers. So you get an FM broadcast and an analog mixer for one price. The wires should be measured to find out what Zetex was indeed to make this set-up. I think the left side should be sized to k*Fs, and the right side is to (k+1)*Fs for channel separation. An interesting thing could be the realization of a stereo FM.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
Gyula said:
Yes, the FM and PWM spectrum is similar. So if you design the wires for lambda/4 belongs to k*Fs, your broadcast can be received with an FM radio too.

It works the other way as well. I used some surface mount shielded bobbin coils (they're lifted off the PCB with 8mm lengths of wire used to connect the coil to the circuit) in place of through hole mount toroids on my little class d amps and if I get their position just right and use myself as an antenna I get some faint radio stations coming through my speakers. Not local stuff either, as far as I can tell. One night it sounded like I had intercepted a secret Chinese military broadcast. Crazy stuff :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.