diyAudio (
-   Class D (
-   -   Volume control for 41hz Amp6 Basic (

rca9449 11th June 2007 11:25 PM

Volume control for 41hz Amp6 Basic
I want to install a volume pot on my amp6 but there is no instruction for me to do it. I've searched at 41hz forum to nonavailable. Can someone please show me how to put one on. Also, I want to put a selector switch so I can use more than one source. Please give me instruction in layman term if possible. Thanks.

Davet 12th June 2007 01:23 AM

Volume Control for Amp6
I have just completed installing a volume control for the an Amp6. You need a stereo volume control (variable resistor [VR]). The VR should be in the range of 50 to 100 kilo-ohms.

The leads on the right side of the VR, as you face the VR, are tied together and connected to one of the analogue ground connections on the Printed Circuit Board (PCB). you must also run a connection from the grounds of your inputs to an analogue ground on the PCB.

A wire from the signal input is connected to the left side of the VR. The left signal goes to one connection, Another wire is connected to the right signal ant this wire is connected to the other left most connector

One of the center connectors on the VR goes to the PCB signal input. The other center connector goes to the other signal input.

So you should have two wires from the input to the VR and two wires from the VR to the PCB. These are the connections that carry the signal. You will have a wire from analogue ground to the VR which may be daisy chained to the input ground if you so desire.

See the last image on this page for a picture of a VR being wired to a T-Amp. Panomanic Site

Davet 12th June 2007 01:28 AM

Panomanic VR Image Location
The Panomanic site image I am refering to is the "Stealth Mod" which is the last image on the "imput mods" page.

toolkit 12th June 2007 08:50 AM

Like Davet says, I have used the schematics on Pano's site for the T-Amp to install a volume control on the Amp6, same concept.

A selector switch is simple - just have several sets of RCA inputs and then feed them into a switch like the one below (type ff74r), with the one set of outputs to the original Amp6 input.

rca9449 12th June 2007 10:16 AM

Thank you DaveT and Toolkit for your help. I will get a 50k pot and a switch to install. This DIY thing is so much fun....

By the way, number 35 is the location of the three prong jack for the mp3 player hook up. I want to turn that into rca' so which hole is ground and which is right/left channel. Thanks.

Saturnus 12th June 2007 10:42 AM

If you flip the print over you'll see that 2 are connected to the input caps while the one with a "---" designation on the front is connected to ground.

rca9449 12th June 2007 11:20 PM

I see that now. Thank you so much for the help...

rca9449 13th June 2007 08:21 PM

I've just finished putting it together and as soon as I plug it in, the power transformer died, hihhi, go figure, so much for DIY.... I am gonna have to bring it to a shop somewhere for them to look at...if my wife knows this, she is gonna laugh her brains out. LOL.

rca9449 13th June 2007 11:11 PM

Can someone please fix this thing for me - I will be happy to pay for your time and effort. Thanks.

toolkit 14th June 2007 09:38 AM

Are you just using a laptop-style power supply? Is that what has died on you?

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:54 PM.

Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 18.75%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2018 diyAudio