Teac AG-L800 pics (Tripath TA2022)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just got a Teac AG-L800 5.1 ch receiver. Been running it as a stereo receiver for a couple of days to break in. I'm running Mirages OM-10 w/ nominal impedance of 6 ohm. Can't report on the sound just yet—don't have a coax cable to hook it up to the CD player, so just wanted to post pics for those who are interested.
Here's the info from Tripath site: Three of Tripath's Class-T™ TA2022 digital audio amplifiers enable TEAC's AG-L800 AV Surround Sound Receiver to produce 50 watts (6 ohm) of power with 5 channels of surround sound.

I wonder if any improvements can be made right of the bat?
http://ebay.simplifico.com/teac.html

It sounds great, especially after a few days of breaking it in. The mids and highs are detailed and separated (Tripath sound), the lows are tight, if slightly lacking. I have a subwoofer, so it's not an issue for me.
The receiver itself is well-made. The front plate is a thick, solid aluminum, the rest of the case is metal. The unit itself is light, with a surprisingly small footprint. Plenty of connections in the back.
The gripes: I recently acquired a pair of Magnepan SMGa's. They're power-hungry and this Teac is just not up to the task. It still sounds nice and the famous maggies' soundstage is there, but I'm driving the Teac to the max. However, it shouldn't concern those with more efficient speakers (90db+).
Unfortunately, I'm not getting any feedback from this board on this "toy". Probably because people look down on the 5.1? I wish I had the knowledge and the expertise to squeeze more power out of the mains (bridge?). I still like the versatility, the looks, and the compactness of this 5.1 receiver. For $125 I couldn't wish for more (but I am still eagerly awaiting the TEAC A-L700P amp and the Panasonic SA-XR55S in the mail :))
Thanks for your interest, jdubs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.