Predator/amp never worked. Please help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone :) I bought a kit from LC Audio a year ago. Built the amplifier and when I powered it up one module worked and played music, the other one... dead. When I turned up the volume the first one died as well...

After this I kind of gave up. Until now.

When I measure the Predator I get:

+ to ground: 62.xx V
- to gound: 00.00 V
+ to - : 62.xx V

Here are some pictures I have taken. Check out the ground from wall marked with red. Is this right? I have used this to build (pluss more) http://www.lcaudio.dk/zp2iv.pdf

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I found out that a small component one the predator is shot. I don't know what it is called, but it is 8 small barrels that is connected at the top two and two. One of these connections is missing. If someone know what it is called and what values it has I would appreciate it alot.

Is there any chance of saving the module by changing the damaged component or is it likely that more stuff is broken?

In advance thank you for all replies :)

Oh... sorry

Attachments

• 4small.jpg
    4small.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 119
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.