1kW Gen2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Eva,
I don't get it. :xeye:
Under which conditions do you expect issues?

Low supply voltage of the low side driver?
But that's always trouble and I am avoiding issues with the UVLO of the drivers.

Inbalance of the supply rails?
From my understanding the supply pump effect would act stabilizing, not destabilzing.

lumanauw said:
From the datasheet note, one thing can be done to lessen the heat of the chip. To put external bootstrapp dioda. This dioda contributes to significant heat of the whole chip. But this external dioda has to be ultrafast with Vf<0V65.

Sorry, I was replying to this post from lumanauw. It seems that I checked the wrong "quote" box.

A way to bypass UCC27200 internal diode is to use an external dropper diode to reduce the low side supply voltage by 0.65V and connect an external bootstrap diode before this diode.

luka said:
Hi

Small and simple...go for it

I examined it and decided not to use it.
The overlap can be serious.
Especially if the pulses are short...

If you feed this into the inputs of the driver...

Upper trace: High Side Input with 2V/Grid
Lower trace: Low Side Input with 2V/Grid

Attachments

• 10ns_input_dampforum.jpg
    10ns_input_dampforum.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 681
...then you do not just get slightly longer ON pulses at the output... it may happen that the High Side Driver does not notice at all that it should move down, while the LOW Side Driver is delivering an enlarged pulse....

Upper trace: High Side Output with 10V/Grid
Lower trace: Low Side Output with 10V/Grid

Attachments

• massiveoverlap_dampforum.jpg
    massiveoverlap_dampforum.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 652
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.