Stereo Class-D amp HIP4081

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
luka said:
HI

Use RDC network. Why? instead of R put trimer = pot, so you can adjust dead time for both sides. How did that 103V get there?

I realised that orginal supply is 70V but there is a spike down to -Vcc so it is totaly 103V measured .

Do you have any decoupling cap cross supply? like 470nF one?

There is also a 1uf MKT from + to -Vcc plus 50V-1000uf from both rails to GND .

I would also use 4060 for generating triangle, I can already here you say why, well fixed freq., able to synchronize it with smps or other amp,... it is constant so you don't need to worrie that it will change during music playing....

I agreewith you on this, but the board finished on Board maker, it requiers a bit much working on it to make all of them sync.

PS: Damn board will look great, can't wait to see it...

Check your e-mail from me there is an interesting original shematic, from a well known audio company.

Regards

What topology this amp uses?

Hi to everybody,

While i am searching I found enclosed shematic. It is a subw amp and feed back line is very interesting. Half side of TL072 (5,6,7) for sq wave osc and it probably sync with amp.

All comments are welcome!

Regards

Attachments

• d-amp.gif
    d-amp.gif
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,265
Lastest Shematic

Hi to everybody,

After a while I could find some time to draw the lastest shematic. The daugther board was very helpfull because I can play with the components. I removed CD4070 and Hi pins of HIP4081A connected to +12V, so the driver can be controled from the Li pins :). But, I inverted the level shift signal with a bit wring on the board. The test circuit is more stable and fast the earlier ones and most audible from the earlier clones. The SW freq is 1MHz :). Output mosfets(4*IRFP250N) are a bit heating at this frequency, but, it is easy to get 350Khz by decrasing the integrator res. 1K to 430R.

I finished the PCB drawing of lastes version now and one of my friend will provide two original PCBs for me from an PCB company.
The amp desired for 100W+ rms power into 4ohms. I think T68-2 cores are quite at this power levels for desired power output(like Tripath's TA2022).

And finnaly I solve the unequality of output wave form. It was due to the symetry problem of power supply(+40V to -32.5V). The problem solved by adding some aux. turns to power transformer and using a seperate regulated +12V line referenced to -Vcc.

Kind Regards

Attachments

• hip4081.pdf
    48.3 KB · Views: 518
RM6 for output filter

Hi, over there,

I am nearly the end of this project. I assembled the board. Unfortunately i did my pcb ot home instead of from a PCB company( waited much, one can). Any way, I would like to use micrometals T68-2 for output filter inductor. But, with this core one need to wire much more than 40sp to reach 18uH. Therefore, I found another N67 material RM6 core. Onelayer Gapless wound 8sp core gives ; 150uH and I think this is good for my output filter by givin it a bit gap on both outher and inner legs. "EPCOS' ferrite desing tool" gives 0.222mm gap, with calculation. But, I thik it is for only the inner leg. So I think, have to put 0.1 mm gap on both legs? Am I ture or are there any other suggestions? All comments are wellcome.

Regards

ps: I will put the photos of board this evening.

Ok Luka,
What core did you use for your class-D amp? Is the core seen on your website taken from an old PC power supply? If so it is probably -26 material or similar. I prefer -2 material of micrometals because it has linear permiability and also the inductance not chancing much with the current taken from the output. Gapped cores can give same permiability and inductance results therefore I decided to use RM6. And also with T68 I have to wind more then 40 sp , this would result much copper loses than expected.

regards

Ps: Wait for 2 hours! I will upload the photos

OK, many Thanks. See the enclosed pics, one of my output filter inductor(12turns/ 19AWG ; 30uH with gap :) ) . And If I find time I'll make the measurements (if the scop will be available). But, i am sure the amp will gave a good sound with plenty of 100W*4 @ 4ohms.

Regards

Attachments

• resim 002.jpg
    resim 002.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 818
Good amp!

This is the better amp that I've built! It is working well. Sound is very good deep bass and clean high frquency. I like my amplifier :). I know that it desined only for 100Ws but, it is quite for my car.
Any way I started to class-d with enclosed UCD amp and then jump to HIP4081.

Regards

Attachments

• resim 004.jpg
    resim 004.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 842
Dear vijesh,

4081 IC has limited supply voltage up to 80V max. Therefore it is not suitable if you are planning to desing high power amplifiers. My old desing was based on the iraudamp-1 and it was configured as stereo amplifier. I really did not measured the maximum output power of that amp but it still runs in a subwoofer box. And you can calculate the output power based on you power supply uing basic equations. Anyway there is another circuit in the forum based on UCD topology and it is full bridge circut and the guy says it gives 400W.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=132081

If you are not too experienced, i completely suggest you to start with basic circuits like UCD. And I do not recommed you not to exceed the 70V(+-35V is symmetrical) if you still planning to use 4081.

Regards

hi Whortless and Luka,
i try to make a class D audio amp with hip4081.the schematic draw below.
pin ALI and BLI is from unipolar PWM. that triangel wave signal compare with audio signal and the inverting audio signal.

i want to ask :

1. why when I turn on the supply 12V for HIP4081 audio sound is heard only briefly and then ic HIP4081 became very hot?

2. whether the components I use are correct?

thanks before and sorry for my bad eng.

Attachments

• 4081-1.png
    4081-1.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 306
  • 4081-2.png
    4081-2.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 301
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.