• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

new batch of mini Aleph amplifier and PSU boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
I had another batch of mini Aleph amplifier boards made, and power supply boards to go along with them. They are the same as the last batch and details on the boards can be found here:
http://diyamps.com/aleph/

This time, the boards have a black solder mask, white silkscreen, and gold plating.

As with last time, the amplifier pcb set is scored and easily breaks into 6 individual pcbs: 2 main amp boards, and 4 output device boards. The main board will work in the mini-A configuration without any output boards, or in the Aleph30 configuration with the use of the output boards.

I will put the boards up for ordering tonight/tomorrow morning on my website.

Pricing:
Amplfier pcb set: $9
Power supply board: $9

Shipping will be via USPS Priority/Global Priority, and will be $6 for US, and $11 for International orders.

Pictures
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

--
Brian

The PS boards are beautiful! I'm considering a bunch of these for other projects I have going.

Any rough guesses at the current capacity of the PS boards?

Also: I checked the website and couldn't find a PS schematic. I'm having trouble visualizing how one bridge is fed by two two-wire AC inputs? I can see either a single three-wire, but not two two-wire inputs.

Thanks!

Bryan A. Thompson
bryan@batee.com

batee said:
The PS boards are beautiful! I'm considering a bunch of these for other projects I have going.

Any rough guesses at the current capacity of the PS boards?

Also: I checked the website and couldn't find a PS schematic. I'm having trouble visualizing how one bridge is fed by two two-wire AC inputs? I can see either a single three-wire, but not two two-wire inputs.

Thanks!

Bryan A. Thompson
bryan@batee.com

The 2 in the middle can be shorted if you have a 3 wire transformer.. I used a 3 wire and a 4 wire.. With the 4 wire transformers you can twist the 2 together and make it a 4.. Want me to post a picture of the bottom of the board ?

The bottom view explains what's happening with the AC inputs. It appears that they're already shorted via the connecting trace. That was the part that I was missing.

The rail traces look quite wide, so they aren't a concern to me. Do you think the traces between the AC input pads and the diodes will support 10A? 15A? I suppose that if there is space for six 3W resistors, and I use the leftover .47Ohm Panasonics sitting on my shelf, they would support 15A. I don't have a part number in mind, but think I've seen some fast diodes in a TO220 package that support 15A.

Thanks!

Bryan

Naw, a 500VA 20+20 trafo can push over 12A. I don't think 15A is too much to ask, and if you doubt the traces, you could always jumper over them too. I bet you'd be fine tho...

Man, if I didn't already have enough alephs I'd jump on this. They look great and the price is right:)

jleaman said:
I think it takes the panasonic Snap in cap's I can get briangt to post the parts express number.

On braingt his site he posted a excel sheet for the parts with partnr of digikey

I've done some searching on the panasonic site an came up with the following:

Digi-Key_________type________panasonic part#______can diameter

P6887-ND_____10,000uf 25v____ECO-S1EP103DA_____30mm
P6914-ND_____10,000uf 35v____ECO-S1VP103EA_____35mm
P6922-ND_____22,000uf 35v____ECO-S1VP223EA_____35mm
P6940-ND_____10,000uf 50v____ECO-S1HP103EA_____35mm
P6946-ND_____22,000uf 50v____ECO-S1HP223EA_____35mm

Al the panasonic caps that begin with ECO-s are 10mm pitch lead
source: panasonic site

look for "large can catalog" and "dimensions specifications"

Joined 2004
Paid Member
The panasonic caps listed (and shown in the photos) are TSHA caps - the digikey numbers for those are in the excel spreadsheet

I used 22000uF 35V caps P6671-ND I think - I have the 15000uF caps as well P6668-ND.

There were some posts buried in some threads recommending the TSHA caps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.