DWong is offline DWong  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

OK! I am really to order now!

Thanks a lot!
Old 29th September 2004, 04:47 PM   #22
_henry_ is offline _henry_  Australia
diyAudio Member

Talking i want one!!!

this is getting very2 interesting, such a reasonable price, hats off for u Brian, Peter, and Vikash for designing the web.

i lived in jakarta, so the only problem is we don't have a good toroid trannies.
what should i do?

btw, right now i'm building GM's jx92s design, i think the clone will do just fine with them, do they?
Old 29th September 2004, 05:52 PM   #23
rnoble is offline rnoble  Australia
diyAudio Member

Henry,

You could try this place in Sydney

They do all types of trannies at very reasonable prices; and ship via courier, not sure how much they'll charge for you but they stock Antrim trannies, good quality trannies.

Or you could try partsexpress.

Cheers
Old 29th September 2004, 06:06 PM   #24
_henry_ is offline _henry_  Australia
diyAudio Member

rnoble, thanks i'll try contact them

have u built the clone yet? with the antrim?

cheers
Old 29th September 2004, 06:40 PM   #25
rnoble is offline rnoble  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by _henry_
rnoble, thanks i'll try contact them

have u built the clone yet? with the antrim?

cheers
I'm in the process of doing it now (LM3875), received the Antrims yesterday, have my case all set up and am awaiting delivery of the amps from Peter and Brian, can't wait!
Old 3rd October 2004, 04:59 PM   #26
kepa1 is offline kepa1  France
diyAudio Member

to brian,

thank you for the new site and most of all for the pdf file; very interesting for someone who knows nothing about it all!

i'll probably buy a 4780 set for driving a 10" beyma driver...

see you later
Old 5th October 2004, 02:52 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Just to clairify for the LM4780 kits...

The LM4780 chip has two amplifiers on a single die, correct? In the kits you are providing are these two amplifiers bridged or wired in parallel? If so, the output power is about 120W@8ohm? Would it be possible to provide a pic of the board layout including size?
Old 5th October 2004, 03:22 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
The layout and sizes are posted here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...317#post478317

The two amps are wired in parallel. A bridging board will be available later, allowing to use 4 amps in parallel/bridged configuration.

The power available, from parallel configuration, is presented in those graphs (depending on supply rails): http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attac...&postid=482889
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 5th October 2004, 03:33 PM   #29
kleung is offline kleung  United States
diyAudio Member

Peter or Brian, will your shop offer any other than Chip amps. Reason I ask is that I missed out on the PCB group buys on the X and the Aleph and I do not feel buying it overseas. Since Brian designed nice PCB's for them, will you guys supply them as well in the future?
Regards.
Old 5th October 2004, 04:37 PM   #30
BrianGT is offline BrianGT  United States
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to BrianGT
Quote:
Originally posted by kleung
Peter or Brian, will your shop offer any other than Chip amps. Reason I ask is that I missed out on the PCB group buys on the X and the Aleph and I do not feel buying it overseas. Since Brian designed nice PCB's for them, will you guys supply them as well in the future?
Regards.
I have provided the Aleph layout to others already. I am willing to provide the output files to anyone who wants to get them made for their own not-for-profit use.

As for the Aleph-X boards, I never finished assembling my prototype pcbs, as the Chad's boards looked great, and people seemed more interested in them.

As for the site, I will not be offering any boards based on the Aleph boards, due to the IP issues. I am willing to provide help if someone wants to organize a group order for them. I don't have time to do it myself, as I do have a full time job, and spend my spare time mailing out the gainclone kits.

If you want to try to organize a new AlephPCB group order, create a new thread and see if you can generate interest for it. I get a few mails a month asking for boards.

--
Brian

Hide this!Advertise here!