new ChipAmp.com website - LM4780 kit and more - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Chipamp

Chipamp IC amp kits & PC boards from ChipAmp

Old 28th September 2004, 10:43 PM   #11
rnoble is offline rnoble  Australia
diyAudio Member

VERY nice site, I saw Vikash's page and think you made a brilliant choice enlisting his help!

With international kits that have been ordered in the last two weeks (for the LM3875), I believe they may not have been shipped yet, does this mean these kits will include the Zobel network components you are adding to the new ones?

Cheers
Rod
Old 29th September 2004, 01:23 AM   #12
BrianGT is offline BrianGT  United States
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to BrianGT
Quote:
Originally posted by rnoble
VERY nice site, I saw Vikash's page and think you made a brilliant choice enlisting his help!

With international kits that have been ordered in the last two weeks (for the LM3875), I believe they may not have been shipped yet, does this mean these kits will include the Zobel network components you are adding to the new ones?

Cheers
Rod
Thanks for the compliments. As for the zobel components, I have already mailed all the parts for these orders to Peter, and haven't mailed any zobel components to him yet. I wasn't planning on including them with the previous kits, but drop me an e-mail and we can work something out.

--
Brian
Old 29th September 2004, 03:51 AM   #13
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Did yu send them parts out to dave ?
Old 29th September 2004, 05:56 AM   #14
wim is offline wim  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Brian, as a reaction on your first post inthis tread (your startpost): can you tell me what the status is of my order (basic kt + extra MUR's)?

I ask becouse a long time has gone between now and when i ordered.

Can you tell me the status?

Thanks, and proficat with your new website!!

Wim Souer
Old 29th September 2004, 06:52 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Quote:
Originally posted by wim
Brian, as a reaction on your first post inthis tread (your startpost): can you tell me what the status is of my order (basic kt + extra MUR's)?

I ask becouse a long time has gone between now and when i ordered.

Can you tell me the status?

Thanks, and proficat with your new website!!

Wim Souer
The major cause for delay was that we run out of the boards and new batch had to be ordered.

Yesterday, I received the boards (and parts) from Brian, and will be sending all outstanding international orders tomorrow.

Sorry for delay.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 29th September 2004, 06:57 AM   #16
wim is offline wim  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

No problem Peter, i just asked to know there wasn't something wrong with the post.

Thanks anyway for your quick reaction.
Old 29th September 2004, 01:49 PM   #17
DWong is offline DWong  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Question What power could I get?

Hi Brain and Peter,

Would you please tell me what is the output power of the LM4780 parallel amp kit? I plan to use it driving my old Hales Concept Two (i.e 86dB 6ohm), do you think

I have built your premium LM3875 kit and it sound wonderful for me. I tell you what, I have made a side by side comparison to the 50W version Gaincard and your kit beat the pants off of it!!!

I plan to use your LM4780 kit driving my old Hales Concept Two (i.e 86dB 6ohm), do you think it is capable for this?

Do you think the 4780 have the same sound quality of 3875?

Dennis
Old 29th September 2004, 02:04 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

You are not the first reporting that this configuration of LM3875 sounds better than the GainCard. Of course the implementation of the rest of the circuit is also important (transformer, chassis).

Attached is the graph showing power vs. supply voltage in parallel mode.

I was briefly listening to LM4780 amp circuit, and it sounded very promising. I can't say if it produces the same "magic" as the smaller chip, but it definitely have more drive in the low frequencies. Highs also seemed to be a bit different, more distinct and very clean.

So it has the same qualities as 3875, at the same time providing character of its own. I will be testing more extensively those chips when the boards are made, it's much easier this way, and comparison will be more fair (same chassis and parts for both amps).

More info here: http://www.national.com/ds/LM/LM4780.pdf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4780power.jpg (35.6 KB, 1999 views)
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 29th September 2004, 02:31 PM   #19
DWong is offline DWong  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Thanks Peter,

Do I need to use 0.1% tolerance resisters in this kit? If possible I would like to use the same quality components as the premiunm 3875.

I think there are not much good sound quality resisters have tolerance of less than 0.1 %.
Old 29th September 2004, 02:33 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

The tolerance is not important at all. You might even use 5% resistors, as long as you match them between channels.

Good quality resistors are usually 1% or less.

Hide this!Advertise here!