• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

new ChipAmp.com website - LM4780 kit and more

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
All current orders have shipped out. I currently have LM3886 kits/pcbs in stock, along with the PSU boards (both large ones and the small snubberized ones).

Current Specials:
LM3886 stereo kit: $50
LM3886 dual mono pcb: $15

Sorry for the recent delays, as I had some parts ordering delays, and have also been very busy with my job. I will try my best to be quicker on handling orders. I have LM3886 and PSU kits prepared and ready to ship out.

As for the LM3875 and LM4780 products, I am currently out of PCBs. If your 3875/4780 needs are immediate, Peter Daniel should have them in stock.

--
Brian

BrianGT said:
All current orders have shipped out. I currently have LM3886 kits/pcbs in stock, along with the PSU boards (both large ones and the small snubberized ones).

Current Specials:
LM3886 stereo kit: $50
LM3886 dual mono pcb: $15

Sorry for the recent delays, as I had some parts ordering delays, and have also been very busy with my job. I will try my best to be quicker on handling orders. I have LM3886 and PSU kits prepared and ready to ship out.

As for the LM3875 and LM4780 products, I am currently out of PCBs. If your 3875/4780 needs are immediate, Peter Daniel should have them in stock.

--
Brian

Brain let me know if you need any help with this. Since i helped / watched you do your orders i caould probably help in some way if needed.

Joined 2002
Re: BrianGT where is my order?

mcamolin said:
Hi Brian,
i am still waiting for my kit LM3886.
why you have tell me :
"Yes, I have it in stock, and can ship now".. ?

My order is 22 days old
Now i have not received still.

Yes, I shipped the order with you back around March 13th. I would have expected it to arrive by now. Could there be customs delays? The other orders that I have sent to Italy lately have arrived without issues.

Drop me an e-mail and we can figure out what is going on. I might have missed your earlier e-mail, as my mail server was acting up due to too strict of a spam filter. This has been corrected.

--
Brian

any issues with the 4780 board?

Hi, I've got a pair of Brain's LM4780 boards. I notice the schematic has Rz1 and Rz2, but they are not on the board??? where do they go? Also, do the R and C numbers from the schematic match the corresponding ##'s on the board? Hmmm.....In fact it looks like the outer sides of Cz1 and Cz2 (on the board) do not connect to anything at all (no traces)?

I'm sure there is a thread here but after 45 min I cannot find it.

In addition there are some unlabeled pads on the back of the board, what are those for?

Joined 2002
Re: any issues with the 4780 board?

lgreen said:
Hi, I've got a pair of Brain's LM4780 boards. I notice the schematic has Rz1 and Rz2, but they are not on the board??? where do they go? Also, do the R and C numbers from the schematic match the corresponding ##'s on the board? Hmmm.....In fact it looks like the outer sides of Cz1 and Cz2 (on the board) do not connect to anything at all (no traces)?

I'm sure there is a thread here but after 45 min I cannot find it.

In addition there are some unlabeled pads on the back of the board, what are those for?

I am sorry for the confusion. Here is how the resistors mount on the back of the board:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Let me know if you have any more questions,

--
Brian

Thanks Brian, so the ##'s on the schematic otherwise line up with the R and C##'s on the board?

Also, just curious, whats the trace (below-- green arrow) for?

Attachments

• 4780-resistors[1].jpg
    4780-resistors[1].jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 665
great

OK, great. I see for the PS you have the other guide, but its not quite exactly the same as the boards. I've always been confused by the way the AC1 and AC2 are labeled on these boards but I think I've figured it out.

Is the attached image the correct way to hook up the diode board to the transformer? Note I've added polarity markings to the transformer and a not "____" to the lower AC1 and AC2? I suppose it does matter how the secondaries hook up, you just cannot randomly use any orientation for AC1 (one winding) and AC2 (the other) without paying attention to the polarity of the windings?

Attachments

• ps.png
    ps.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 670
Joined 2002
Re: great

lgreen said:
OK, great. I see for the PS you have the other guide, but its not quite exactly the same as the boards. I've always been confused by the way the AC1 and AC2 are labeled on these boards but I think I've figured it out.

Is the attached image the correct way to hook up the diode board to the transformer? Note I've added polarity markings to the transformer and a not "____" to the lower AC1 and AC2? I suppose it does matter how the secondaries hook up, you just cannot randomly use any orientation for AC1 (one winding) and AC2 (the other) without paying attention to the polarity of the windings?

That power supply image is correct. The polarity labelled is correct. Sorry for the confusion and lack of documentation.

--
Brian

Joined 2002
Antonio,

The site has been down since last Thursday, and have been trying to get this straightened out. Apparently, he had server troubles, and moved to a new server. I am in the process of updating the DNS information for the new server, and the site should be back up in a day or two.

I was out of town on business last week, and didn't catch it until I was back home on Saturday.

Sorry for the issues, and everything should be back up and running ASAP.

--
Brian

Joined 2002
Site is finally back up. It was due to my provider having service issues. I had to wait for him to get the files from the old backups, and transfer them to the new server. I had a misconfiguration for the new address in my DNS info for my domain name, so it took a couple days longer to get it back online.

I am catching up on e-mails now.

Once I am able to get ftp access to the site again, I will update the site.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.