Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chipamp IC amp kits & PC boards from ChipAmp

Old 5th September 2017, 04:36 AM   #11
Hogwild is offline Hogwild  Canada
diyAudio Member

nigel:

Yes, thanks. I just want to know how sure Tom is about whether those components are Zobel or not.
Old 12th September 2017, 03:45 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Thanks everyone!
Old 12th September 2017, 04:11 AM   #13
Davey is offline Davey  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogwild View Post
Yeah, no schematic. I was told by Allan @ Chipamp that in spite of the designation "z" for Zobel, neither of these components constituted a Zobel network, that they were an input RC filter, but my knowledge level is zero. Can anyone else be sure?
It seems Allan has given you bad information. those two components (Rz and Cz) are a Zobel on the output.
Those chipamp boards do not have a spot for an input RC filter. However, you could substitute a capacitor for R1 and form one. The lead spacing might be an issue though.

The miniDSP units have an output capacitor anyways, so you would not need this RC input filter for DC blocking. But, I assume you know that.

Dave.
Old 20th September 2017, 06:08 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Davey:

Wow, no..I didn't know that. I really have no knowledge of electronics theory at all. So that cap on the MiniDSP would act as an RC filter? What kind? LP? HP?

Thanks!

input RCHide this!Advertise here!