Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chipamp IC amp kits & PC boards from ChipAmp

Old 29th March 2017, 08:15 PM   #11
chipco3434 is offline chipco3434  United States
diyAudio Member

I have a friend that I directed to chipamp.com. Paid his money, but no response and no product in ten days. Not a good way to run even a hobby business.
Old 31st March 2017, 02:44 AM   #12
ecclesand is offline ecclesand  United States
diyAudio Member

I ordered an LM3886 kit in mid-November of last year. I got an order confirmation saying my order was being processed and payment cleared through paypal almost immediately. After 2 weeks, I emailed and no response. I filed a dispute a few days later and got a refund in mid-December. I would rather have had the kit but that's the way it goes I guess. I was able to buy the boards from someone in the swap meet forum. It is a shame because they have a very good product.
Old 31st March 2017, 03:45 AM   #13
tomchr is offline tomchr  Canada
diyAudio Member

You're not alone, it seems: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chipa...le-around.html

I do understand that life happens, but seriously! These issues have been ongoing for over a year now. It's not that hard to respond to an email or to set up an auto-responder and let your customers know what to expect. I do that every time I go on vacation to make sure I don't get threads like these about my business.

Then again... It's not my job to tell Chipamp how to run their business.

Tom
Old 31st March 2017, 04:21 AM   #14
VictoriaGuy is offline VictoriaGuy  Canada
diyAudio Member

Chipamp.com are they for real or scam ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomchr View Post
Thanks for that link! Talk about a messed up 'online retail operation'

Whew! It looks like I 'hit it lucky' to get what I paid for within a reasonable time.
I didn't think to search for 'unhappy customer' messages before ordering; I thought they were legit as I'd read so many references to their boards. I'll try not to make the same mistake again!

I agree with others who have commented that chipamp.com doesn't deserve to get the credibility that a Vendor Sub Forum here at diyaudio gives them.
Old 31st March 2017, 04:31 AM   #15
tommydoan84 is offline tommydoan84  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the feedback guys! Looks like I'm not alone after all. Quite a few of people here went through the same experience as mine. I hope others can see this thread and stay far far away from Chipamp.

I know they had good boards/products. I also got recommendation to buy their board by a good friend from this forum who had helped me with many DIY projects but it's not right to treat customers like what Chipamp did in these days of fast pace online business which almost makes all buying/selling transactions seamlessly with all the helps from social media apps like Paypal, vimeo

I seriously agree with this :

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaGuy View Post

I agree with others who have commented that chipamp.com doesn't deserve to get the credibility that a Vendor Sub Forum here at diyaudio gives them.
Old 5th May 2017, 12:43 PM   #16
Jemol is offline Jemol
diyAudio Member

I ordered a couple of kits from chipamp.com on April 16. Paypal processed the payment instantly. Got an order receipt a few minutes later from Chipamp asking me to wait for payment confirmation.

Since then I haven't heard anything. I have written them a mail, contacted them via the contact form, and just now I have issued a complaint via Paypal. Hopefully, that will get them started.

Even if they send me my kits today, I have lost almost a months process on my new amps... So frustrating!
Old 11th July 2017, 02:23 AM   #17
MellowTone is offline MellowTone  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydoan84 View Post
Thank you all for the reply and concerns. Just some updates to my stories

After all the long wait with no responses or return to my email, phone calls. I finally gave up, throw in the towel and request for refund and fill out the dispute claim from paypal. I instantly got the update from Chipamp that my order is being shipped the next morning. Really guys, does it take this long just to ship out my orders!

I guess I get their attention after all! Maybe some of you might have better luck that I am but definitely not for me. I don't want to sound morbid but this will be my last time dealing with these Chipamp guys ever again. Definitely not recommend Chipamp to any of my friends after all the experiences that I had to go through just to get to get some simple PSU boards for my project. Thanks to these Chipamp guys, I already ordered and received new PSU boards from DIYaudio store with much higher quality, far better customer service, and more options to play with.

Thanks for spending time reading my stories and experiences with Chipamp.
Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomchr View Post
You're not alone, it seems: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chipa...le-around.html

I do understand that life happens, but seriously! These issues have been ongoing for over a year now. It's not that hard to respond to an email or to set up an auto-responder and let your customers know what to expect. I do that every time I go on vacation to make sure I don't get threads like these about my business.

Then again... It's not my job to tell Chipamp how to run their business.

Tom
In the same boat as tommydoan84. Well, a similar boat, paid USD $169 for some products (incl. intl shipping) back in Oct 2016, except I forgot about it, and forgot to file the claim until 195 days had passed (start of April)

As such, PayPal aren't having a bar of it through their online process. Having a chat with a PayPal rep was interesting. They have some IMO rather shady ways of obscuring the fact to make your credit card the default payment method if you have a bank account AND a credit card linked to PayPal is to completely unlink/remove the bank account from PayPal. Otherwise you have to manually change for EVERY. DAMN. TRANSACTION.

I digress. I mentioned the above because this went through my bank account instead of my AMEX as I forgot to manually set the payment method for my transaction with ChipAmp - had it gone through with AMEX, I would probably be able to get them to reverse it.

As an aside, hey there, tomchr! Your response just reminded me that I have to actually complete (ahem... start) the NovarSpud I bought from you last year. Unfotunately compactron sockets are incredibly difficult to get in (or post to) Australia cheaply... and I'm not sure I have the cash for OPT's at the moment. Dang.
Old 11th July 2017, 10:16 AM   #18
peranders is offline peranders  Sweden
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

chipamp.com is closed down and I'll guess that nobody knows what happend, both in the fraud activities and the reason for closure.
Old 11th July 2017, 02:07 PM   #19
jan.didden is offline jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemol View Post
I ordered a couple of kits from chipamp.com on April 16. Paypal processed the payment instantly. Got an order receipt a few minutes later from Chipamp asking me to wait for payment confirmation.
This kind of message doesn't really come from a human being. A webshop is normally set up to send such a message automagically on orders that come in.

Jan
Old 12th July 2017, 01:45 AM   #20
MellowTone is offline MellowTone  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peranders View Post
chipamp.com is closed down and I'll guess that nobody knows what happend, both in the fraud activities and the reason for closure.
Unfortunately for me, I hadn't checked up on reports of how ChipAmp.com were going at the time of purchase back in October 2016 when I made the order - had been a long time (six or more years) since I last built or considered building a ChipAmp.

Should've done my homework before buying... or gone with my gut, which was saying AudioSector.

Chipamp.com are they for real or scam ?Hide this!Advertise here!