Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chipamp IC amp kits & PC boards from ChipAmp

Old 18th February 2017, 07:19 PM   #111
rif is offline rif  United States
Neither a cowbow nor dog owner
diyAudio Member

Chipamp.com people around?
Anyone have an update on the situation? The website is stil up. Unlike most others in this thread, i am interested in his aleph boards and PS. His pcb's are very well respected, and there aren't too many high quality alternatves AFAIK.
Old 20th February 2017, 01:32 AM   #112
bdobson is offline bdobson
diyAudio Member

Not sure what to say tried to order 3866 but paypal responded not accepting payments at this time I called and left a message with chipamp.com but did not get a call back. I tried to pay through paypal the next day and the order went through. I received a reply on 2-14 that the order was received and I received the kit via usps 2-18. Every thing looks good, now I just have to solder it to the boards

Hope this helps
Old 30th April 2017, 11:21 PM   #113
Johnny2Bad is offline Johnny2Bad  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdobson View Post
Not sure what to say tried to order 3866 but paypal responded not accepting payments at this time I called and left a message with chipamp.com but did not get a call back. I tried to pay through paypal the next day and the order went through. I received a reply on 2-14 that the order was received and I received the kit via usps 2-18. Every thing looks good, now I just have to solder it to the boards

Hope this helps
Thanks for your first and only post.
" ... Go back to the beginning of a technology before the priesthood was established; that was the time when people were communicating information, not proving why there needs to be Priests. This is why the old texts tend to be so good. ..."
Old 2nd May 2017, 07:54 PM   #114
Johnny Canuck is offline Johnny Canuck  Canada
diyAudio Member

After reading this thread, it seems that there are two general categories of experience with Chipamp recently: 1) service was okay, got what I ordered; or, 2) money and email goes into a black hole. There doesn't appear to be a defining characteristic between the two...

My recent experience was the latter.
- ordered some borads in mid-March and received an automated reply acknowledging the order.
- confirmed via Paypal that Chipamp had been paid
- wrote to Chipamp a few days after seeking confirmation of payment and shipping info - nothing
- wrote to Chipamp via Paypal inquiry about a week later - nothing
- raised a dispute with Paypal and had my money returned

It'd difficult to speculate on what the business status is, but given apparent randomness of responses, I would avoid.
Old 5th May 2017, 01:49 PM   #115
Jemol is offline Jemol
diyAudio Member

I am having the exact same experience as Johnny Canuck - except not having raised the dispute claim yet. I'll give them a couple of days more to respond.
Old 5th May 2017, 07:15 PM   #116
grimberg is offline grimberg  United States
diyAudio Member

For those interested in the Chipamp.com LM3886 PCB, I have posted this:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-...ect-parts.html

I sold one set and have one more available.

Chipamp.com people around?Hide this!Advertise here!