• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Ned help to install thermistor in chip amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!
I am finishing my dual mono 3886 chip amp.
In the picture :
A shows how I installed the thermistors, just to test the amp, without switch.
Four thermisthors in the four wires of secondaries.
In the final installation, the boards, psu and transformers are in a single box, (I hope I'll have not noise...). I will use a single IEC plug for both transformers.
- Should I connect as 1? , (one thermistor in positive pole, between power chord and switch)
- Should I connect as 2? , (one thermisthor in neg pole, another in pos pole, between power chord and switch)
- Should I connect as 3? , (one thermisthor in neg pole and a switch in the pos pole)
My guess is 1 is right, but I'm not sure...
View attachment Thermistor in Chip Amp.pdf

I hope the drawing is clear.
Thank you very much!!!!

Last edited:
I think you meant HOT and NEUTRAL for the AC! and NEGATIVE/POSITIVE for DC voltages;)

You can use one in the hot line or use one in hot and one in the neutral line! I have mine like in #1;)

Hi!
Ok, I will use 1. The simpliest.
Thanks to lanchile and DUG.
I will make a post for this amp. It was my first DIY project but I think I took it to the maximum performance that a chip amp can achieve - with a good help of a diy member...:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.