• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

RK27 Beta Build for Chipamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is the RK27 board and the ALPS pot.
The pot is really nice, typical ALPS quality. Nicest pot I have handled, nice solid feel to it.

Anyhow I drafted a file in Google Sketchup, just PM me if you want a copy.

Just thought it might be handy, depending on how precise you want to get with your build, or just to try different layout.

I will be doing the other parts to and will post a pic in their respective thread.

Attachments

• RK27.jpg
    RK27.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 186
Seems like a nice board but if going commercial with it I would move the input and output to the side and make the board useful for both the unmotorized as well as the motorized version of RK27. See for instance the HifiDIY.net version although I would prefer if the motor support was available as well.

Good ideas guys.
Maybe both boards might be an option. This one is thinner, so might be easier mounting in a small amp.

If they made it wider for the motorized version, do you think they should offer support for the controlling electronics? There are a few ways to control it.

Maybe have a "motorized version" RK27 board that has controlling electronics right on it.

Good ideas guys.
Maybe both boards might be an option. This one is thinner, so might be easier mounting in a small amp.

If they made it wider for the motorized version, do you think they should offer support for the controlling electronics? There are a few ways to control it.

Maybe have a "motorized version" RK27 board that has controlling electronics right on it.

I'd say the support electronics is outside the scope of the ChipAmp offer and way more complicated than a board for just the RK27.

Well I guess there is the possibility of having side mounted terminals like Martinbls suggested.

I myself prefer this version, as it is thin. I think the side mount wires would take up too much real estate.

Attachments

• RK27-1.JPG
    RK27-1.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 161
  • RK27-2.JPG
    RK27-2.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 158
I'm pretty sure that given the current dimension you could actually fit the side mount terminals and cut of the rear excess making the board smaller if the motor support and terminals would not be there. If the boards surface is already there I can't really say I would mind if it was used.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.