• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Need some help hooking up old trafo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to use an old transformer from dead marantz receiver to power a dual mono chipamp.com psu boards. It outputs +/- 24.5 vac, but I can't figure out where to hook the ground to. The PSU boards that I have only have hookups for AC+ and AC-. I've attached a pic of the trafo wiring and a pic of the PSU board.

Thanks for your help.

PJN

Attachments

• Trafo.jpg
    Trafo.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 99
  • PS.jpg
    PS.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 91
First there is a mistake in my hand sketch, there are two grounds, one for each V+ and V- out. I'm thinking that the bar across the top of the AC+ and AC- on the inside of the board might be nomenclature for the ground, I do have the PDF assembly manual, but there is no mention of what it means or where to hook up the ground. I've attached pics of the schematic and a pic from the website. the website pic is unclear as to where to hook up the ground also.

Attachments

• snubber.jpg
    snubber.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 88
  • ps.JPG
    ps.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 92
First there is a mistake in my hand sketch
Noted, but I wasn't going to use that sketch anyway so I let it go.
"there are two grounds, one for each V+ and V- out. I'm thinking that the bar across the top of the AC+ and AC- on the inside of the board might be nomenclature for the ground"
Yes, that would seem to be correct. The bar is something made up. It's not a standard nomenclature. Boole may turn over, but at least you can finish the power connection.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.