• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

First timer build - Advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well i got my stereo 3886 kit.

For a case im using a 5x5x8" cast alum painted case. It should be enough surface area if i mount 1 chip on each side

For a tor transformer im using parts out of a gutted subwoofer plate amp that was rated at 600watts with a 3amp fuse. 22-0-22vac. PS its using a 10ohm thermistor for inrush, should i leave it in?

Im using either a 25k (left over) or 50(rk47) pot. Should i leave R2 in or adjust it for either pot?

For the feedback cap. I shouldnt need it if i have no dc off set, so i should i install it as in the feedback cap setup, and then jumper it to the inner pad? This way if i need the feedback all i need to do is remove the solder jumper to the inner pad.

for a source im using a diy usb dac with a high output (2vrms or 5.66pp) So im going to have to adjust the gain.

Does all of this look good for a setup for either 8ohm bookshelfs or 4ohm towers at med to low volume?

I kinda wanted some advise before i did a mouser run. I run the smt lab at work and have built 3 headphone amps and 3 dacs so far, this will be my 1st adventure above 1 watt :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.