diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Chipamp (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chipamp/)
-   -   New LM1875 pcb and kit pre-order special (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chipamp/125682-new-lm1875-pcb-kit-pre-order-special.html)

BrianGT 1st July 2008 04:29 AM

New LM1875 pcb and kit pre-order special
 
I should receive the next batch of LM1875 boards soon, and have put them up on my website for pre-order.

Details on boards here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...hreadid=122793
and here:
http://chipamp.com/lm1875.shtml

I should begin shipping out the new kits in 2 weeks. I have put up a pre-order special for the kits, including an extra stereo pcb set along with the purchase of a kit. I will run this special until the kits start shipping out.

Drop me a mail if you have any questions. Sorry it took so long to get these kits out. I have been really busy at work, and wanted to make sure to get a few amps built with the boards and used for a while before making them available on the webpage.

Pic from initial prototype:
http://chipamp.com/images/lm1875-1.jpg
I will see if I can get pics posted from the assembled amp soon also.

--
Brian

ppcblaster 2nd July 2008 08:11 PM

Thank You Brian
 
Thank You Brian for doing this project..

morepower4me 9th July 2008 07:58 PM

Looks fantastic, thank you.

Do you think this would make a good first amp DIY project (as compared to your 3886 kit?)

It will be driving bookshelf speakers in a medium sized room.

And for the other newbs... What else besides your kit, the PE transformer, soldering equipment (and patience,) will I need?

korben69 9th July 2008 08:04 PM

Hi Brian
Paypal sent for 1xLM1875 and 1xLM3886 PCB kits. :cool:

tschrama 9th July 2008 08:47 PM

just ordered two LM1875 PCB sets...

I messed up, so I had to send the money in to paypal transmission.. but I hope everything goes allright...:att'n:

Thanks,
Thijs

Peter Menting 9th July 2008 11:50 PM

Brian; Could you tell me what the board sizes are? Have a special project in mind.

Thanks,
Pete

ppcblaster 10th July 2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by morepower4me
Looks fantastic, thank you.

Do you think this would make a good first amp DIY project (as compared to your 3886 kit?)

It will be driving bookshelf speakers in a medium sized room.

And for the other newbs... What else besides your kit, the PE transformer, soldering equipment (and patience,) will I need?


http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=122-620

From www.Chipamp.com

BrianGT 18th July 2008 07:12 PM

The boards have arrived, and I have started putting the kits together. They will ship out on Monday, and I will remove the special at that point.

Quote:

Originally posted by morepower4me
Looks fantastic, thank you.

Do you think this would make a good first amp DIY project (as compared to your 3886 kit?)

It will be driving bookshelf speakers in a medium sized room.

And for the other newbs... What else besides your kit, the PE transformer, soldering equipment (and patience,) will I need?

The LM1875 is just as simple as the LM3886 kit, and will be a great project for a beginner.

Quote:

Originally posted by tschrama
just ordered two LM1875 PCB sets...

I messed up, so I had to send the money in to paypal transmission.. but I hope everything goes allright...:att'n:

Thanks,
Thijs

Everything looks good. Orders will go out Monday.

Quote:

Originally posted by Peter Menting
Brian; Could you tell me what the board sizes are? Have a special project in mind.

Thanks,
Pete

The amp boards are roughly 1/2 the size of the LM3886/LM3875 boards. I don't have dimensions on me now, but I will look then up when I get home.

Sorry for the delay, let me know if any of you guys have more questions,

--
Brian

korben69 18th July 2008 08:13 PM

Hi Brian I've got one.

In my system, Tri active amp, DEQ/DCX 2496, I'm wondering wich amp will be the more accurate in driving a CP21F, 105dB tweeter, 6.1 Ohms ? 3886 or 1875 ? Freq range from 2KHz to 20KHz.
I don't need a lot of power, but definition.
Your opinion ?
Thanks

BrianGT 19th July 2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by korben69
Hi Brian I've got one.

In my system, Tri active amp, DEQ/DCX 2496, I'm wondering wich amp will be the more accurate in driving a CP21F, 105dB tweeter, 6.1 Ohms ? 3886 or 1875 ? Freq range from 2KHz to 20KHz.
I don't need a lot of power, but definition.
Your opinion ?
Thanks

If you don't need the power, I would try the LM1875.

--
Brian


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:55 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2