LM3875 Fuse Query

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got a recently completed Chipamp.com LM3875 using a 2 amp slow blow fuse in the power inlet from a Vikash "Amp plus" pack. It has a single 2x22v 300va transformer also from Vikash and seems a bit harsh on fuses! If the amp is turned on with no input playing it's fine and will then play for hours, but if it's switched on with the cd playing it pops the fuse. This is at lowish volumes using a pair of "sacrificial" 8ohm speakers. I have a pair of FR125s on the shelf awaiting boxes making but its one thing at a time......
The DC offsets with the inputs shorted are -17.3mv on the left and +6.5mv on the right.
Would it be ok to up it to a 3 or 4 amp and try it, or is that asking for trouble? I would hate to fry it at this stage of the game.
I've read of the inrush being high with toroids and assume the fuse can cope with that but gets stressed when it has to dive straight into amplifying as well as the inrush.
The heatsinks ( also Amp plus pack) are barely lukewarm after several hours at modest volumes and the sound is better than my current shop bought amp even on modest test speakers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.