searching for a layout?!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hy i'm searching for a pcb-layout for the lm3886...

can you make me a layout from that plan?
it should fit on one standart board.

smaller the better:)

thank you sry for that stupid questions an my bad english:( ;)

Attachments

• amp.jpg
    amp.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 384
Why Not just make your own Layout???

The schematic is so simple that you should be able to design a compact layout in about 20 minutes......

I just designed a Bridged/Paralell PCB and it only took a Few Minutes and is only about 3in x 3in square.......

Just a Thought.....

Justanotheruser said:
cause others can do it better an faster...

an i dont have any exp. with eagle:(

And it is going to stay that way unless you actually try it.....

Between the Time you Posted this question till now you could have designed many Variations of this PCB and etched the Board and Stuffed it and Be listening to music by now and Be on to building your second or third Chipamp.......

Also there are not a Lot of design considerations when designing a simple Chipamp PCB becides makeing the Power rail traces thick enough and makeing sure the Feedback resistors are close to the IC and there are Bypass caps close to the Power pins of the IC (Optional)......

Easy....

I've got two designs that I can send you, if you really need it. Single sided, both work. I normally use Brian GTs boards or point to point, but I've designed two for special situations. The first is dual 3886, non-inverting with an input buffer and designed for sound re-enforcement. It has on-board bridge rectifiers, snubberized PSU, and is about 20% SMD. It's not a super-hi-fi approach, but it works just fine and is very compact. The other is an inverting design that can be used modularly for the BPA300 using mostly SMD parts. It's designed primarily for bass duty (it's going in a 200W bass guitar amp), but a few component changes will let it be a little more "hi-fi".

All my work I do in FreePCB. There's a learning curve, but once you figure it out, it's really quick.

Minion said:

Also there are not a Lot of design considerations when designing a simple Chipamp PCB becides makeing the Power rail traces thick enough and makeing sure the Feedback resistors are close to the IC and there are Bypass caps close to the Power pins of the IC (Optional)......

Easy....

ok thank for the infos!!! nice forum!!! thanks a lot guys i think i try it on myself...

:rolleyes:

no more design considerations??!! :)

I went for a pair of these boards because it looks like an engineer did the layout (not an audiophile) and they suit my requirements:

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=185&Itemid=210

You could either buy these boards or use the layout as a basis for your own

A few design considerations:
Get the grounding right
Build a pair of "reference" chipamps using correct engineering practices and good quality commercial parts, then build another pair for the audiophile tweakery.
Perform a few simple measurements to make sure they are not prone to oscillation and that they are working properly.
Using sensible wiring practices - loop area minimisation etc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.